Winchester model 20

conch

I'm looking for info on the Winchester Model 20 .410.
I can't seem to find any worth while info on the net. I thought maybe one of you old gun buffs could fill in some details. I know the gun was likely manufactured around 1930. Any help?

The Winchester model-20 410 single shot shotgun was made from 1919 to 1924. It is a take-down type, 26 inch full choke barrel. Checkered pistol grip and forend stock. It has a chamber lenght of 2 1/2 inch instead of the current 2 3/4 lenght of standard shotgun shells. Value in very good condition is about 300 bucks.

RELH

never seen a 2-3/4 inch 410. most are 3 inch.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

D13er;

You caught me asleep on that one, confused 12 gauge standard with the longer 410. The model 20 does have a chamber lenght of 2 1/2 inches, and will have to be bored out use todays 410 shells.

RELH

I knew you were just asleep. I couldn't resist waking you up.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

You got to be kidding me! Who is going to bore the ole girl out for me? Maybe I should just use the box of ammo that came with it...God only knows how old that stuff is. It's in a cool, old winchester box. It kind of hurts my feelings to shoot them up.
Heck, they might be worth more than the gun! Thanks for the info. This is my brothers gun given to him by our grandfather before he passed. He's letting me break in one of the younger family members with it. Maybe it would be a better choice to buy a new shotgun for the little guy. What do you thnk?

Conch,

There is no shortage of 2-1/2" 410 shells. They still make both lengths.

JB

--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom