Windproof jacket recomendations

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
I am in need of a light weight windproof jacket. The zipper on my old one has given out. I bought it at Sam’s Club years ago. What do y’all recommend?

I'm a firm believer in any of the premium quality jackets which have the "Windstopper" fabric by Gore. REI, Marmut, North Face, and even the Gore line themselves. Simple search on Google will reveal hundreds of different ones, in both camo and colors

I agree that a rain jacket works great for a wind jacket. If you want the best go with Kuiu or Sitka. If you want to save some cash go with Marmot Precip. MP is only $50 each and I've had just about as good of luck with it as Kuiu and Sitka. Make sure your rain jacket has pitzips so you don't get wet from the inside-out.

If you don't want to use a rain jacket I'd highly recommend Windstopper that Blank mentioned above. The great thing about Windstopper is it's possible to find in quiet cloth materials. Rain jackets and pants are generally a little noisier....especially in brush.

Found a site that had the same brand I bought years ago at the Sam’s Club. Different camo pattern, but that is ok. I mainly use it for cool days during spring and fall. Has been a great little jacket for our mild weather days. On mountain hunts and during cold spells I use heavier and better jackets. Thanks for the suggestions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom