Witch rifle to use

Muleman1

Very Active Member
So I should draw WY unit 34 for non res deer I have a 308 and a 300 win what one would you recommend for the further shots? As I’ve heard I may be shooting at some further distances, I shoot great with both and don’t have a preference on either one

Either will work just fine so long as you can put it in the right spot, but I’ve always been a .300 guy myself.

Not sure the kind of rifles a witch would use, they normally use a broom I think.

As to which rifle to use, I'd go with the .308 on a deer.
I usually don’t laugh at peoples misspelling but that one did make me chuckle a little.
Don’t worry about it Muleman1
It happens to all of us once in a while.
As far as which gun to use.
I have killed a lot of game with a 300 Win Mag.

Everything from Grouse to Moose!

Take both guns and start with the one you feel most comfortable with.

Last edited:
Muleman- whats your longest distance you are comfortable shooting at and what grain bullets out of both rifles. One thing with Wyoming is that lovely wind

Until the last few years, the 308 has been the gold standard for long range accuracy. That and it kicks less, which is always as plus in my book. It is also MORE than enough gun for any deer walking. If that gun shoots well, I would take it. But truth be told, my 270 is always my go to deer gun.

300 win mag , and good luck muleman1! Q: Taking your mule? If you are afoot, I’d say the lighter one, but weight doesn’t bother me and I carry a .338 win

So I should draw WY unit 34 for non res deer I have a 308 and a 300 win what one would you recommend for the further shots? As I’ve heard I may be shooting at some further distances, I shoot great with both and don’t have a preference on either one
I’ve never heard of a “witch” rifle!! Where can I find one? Does it shoot black cats??

By the way I would take the 300 Win. I love mine and have killed everything from bunnies to bears with it.

You know why cowboys don’t get circumcised? So they have a place to put their chewing tobacco when there brushing their teeth!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom