Wlh update?

I wonder how many years combined we could come up with on this forum of hunting experience without a single criminal case filed against us.

Yet some can stack them up in multiples in just the last couple years. Odd…

I have possessed a hunting license for 31 years now. 0 charges filed.

I wonder how many years combined we could come up with on this forum of hunting experience without a single criminal case filed against us.

I’m at 35 years. Don’t know how I made it this long without shooting an animal in someone’s yard I wasn’t supposed to be in. Maybe just lucky. ?

So far between three of us there is 103 years combined of holding a hunting license without a single criminal case filed.

Sorry Hoss, I didn’t count your time (or mine) in the field prior to holding a license personally. I’m assuming your first hunting license came at 12 like mine did, but that is only counting Utah. I can update if needed…

31 Years?

ROOKIE!

RAZZIN Ya Niller!:D

Perty Sneaky Ain't You?:D

And here I thought you never see deer anymore? Silly me…

Whoopi, you got any criminal cases filed against you? If not, how many years have you had a hunting license? I would love to add your total to our running tally, assuming you qualify!

Whoopi, you got any criminal cases filed against you? If not, how many years have you had a hunting license? I would love to add your total to our running tally, assuming you qualify!
If you are looking for more qualified hours feel free to add in my 42 yrs.

Hey Niller!

I Never Said I Never See Any!

I Just Don't See Much Quality Anymore!

No Criminal Cases Filed!

HOW-F'N-EVER:

If Every Hunter/Sportsman Would Be Honest I'd Bet Just About All Have Broke A/Some Game Laws/Rules In Their Day!

And yes I Realize We Have A Few PERFECT MM ANGELS On Here That Haven't Ever Done Anything Wrong In Their Own Minds!

Been Buying Licenses for 47 Years!

If You're Counting Just BIG GAME Licenses 43 Years!

I Had To Wait Till I Was 16 Before I Could Legally Buy A Deer Permit Back in That Era!

Hey Niller!

I Did Have A Colorado Warden Mad At Me Once!

Must of Been The DRATville Plates?

Pulled Me Over & I Was Camoed Up!

It Was Orange Season & Yes I Had Orange!

He Told Me I'd Better Be Able To Reach The Orange From The Drivers Seat I Was Sitting In!

Even Though I Could Reach The Orange I Told Him To KISS MY TAIL!

HE Wanted To Give Me A Citation For Something!

I Told Him To Write The Citation & I'd Counter-Sue Him For Harassment!

He Didn't Write A Citation!

I’ve never received a citation but that’s because I wasn’t caught. Raised in a party hunting family. Dad also let me shoot his deer when I was 10 (legal age was 12) ??????‍??
I suspect there are many in the same boat.

I thought this was supposed to be a wlh update?
Everyone is patting themselves on the back for not getting citations.

Well…that kind of is the update. Hoss told you the cat case went federal.

199 years and counting without a criminal case filed. It must not be that hard. You wouldn’t know it looking at public court dockets!

Could throw my 23 years of licenses on the pile. Never even been given a warning. Not saying I’m perfect either but I do my best.

One citation in 56 years. Shot my first elk 47 years ago. Tagged it, signed the back of my license, and flagged down the game warden to proudly show off my elk. He said I didn't properly cut out enough of a notch on the date, and ticketed me for "improperly tagged game animal". Cost me $60. CS bustard!!!

so can just shoot them in 2 legs then lead then out to public land.
I guess this will be the new tread.

I’ve never received a citation but that’s because I wasn’t caught. Raised in a party hunting family. Dad also let me shoot his deer when I was 10 (legal age was 12) ??????‍??

Your dad licensed with the state?

You don't get DWR citations on your driver's license and I'll notice you didn't say you came from a trespassing family

One citation in 56 years. Shot my first elk 47 years ago. Tagged it, signed the back of my license, and flagged down the game warden to proudly show off my elk. He said I didn't properly cut out enough of a notch on the date, and ticketed me for "improperly tagged game animal". Cost me $60. CS bustard!!!

I’m not counting that citation. That’s bunk. Consider it officially pardoned.

278 years and counting. And we really don’t have many people that have replied!

When do we start the years? since technically I've been hunting since I was 10 but legal age was 12.....

When do we start the years? since technically I've been hunting since I was 10 but legal age was 12.....

We will let you start the 2nd time you crossed posted property to shoot a cat. 2nd time on film.

Real question is why is it federal?

Another Citation I Almost Got Was On The LaSal Mountains One Time!

There Wasn't Any Doe Hunts Going On!

It Was Buck Only!

The Buck I Shot Had Antlers!

But I Didn't Notch The M on The Tag!

This warden Just About Shined His Badge & Put A Feather In his Cap!

He Did Make Me Notch The Tag As He Was Watching!:D

No Citation!

60 years for me. the closest I've knowingly come was when I was pulled over by a GW to ask me why I wasn't wearing orange while driving a dirt road.

I got a citation in NM for no Habitat Stamp one year on my hunting license. Bought the damn thing online and forgot to check the box. The warden was cool, but still gave me the ~$55 ticket after he asked if I had seen any Barbary since he had a tag for that unit. Had to run to town for service to by the stamp. I think it was under $10. Oh well.

I got a citation in NM for no Habitat Stamp one year on my hunting license. Bought the damn thing online and forgot to check the box. The warden was cool, but still gave me the ~$55 ticket after he asked if I had seen any Barbary since he had a tag for that unit. Had to run to town for service to by the stamp. I think it was under $10. Oh well.
They got me for that this year. I bought my license online, and thought I had included it. It was completely my fault, but the game warden was a miserable pr!ck the whole time he was writing me up. The others I dealt with in the area were completely opposite of him and pleasant to deal with though.

They got me for that this year. I bought my license online, and thought I had included it. It was completely my fault, but the game warden was a miserable pr!ck the whole time he was writing me up. The others I dealt with in the area were completely opposite of him and pleasant to deal with though.
Exact same way I got that citation. Thought it came with the tag.

I don't even want to confuse a minor technical violation that results in a citation that a person goes and pays and the types of criminal cases we are talking about here. Honestly mistaking your stamp or failing to notch the "M" on your tag are technical violations, not willful violations that are akin to poaching.

Minor technical violation versus willful and wanton acts. These two things are not one and the same. Again, fully pardoned.

Now shooting a Barbary Sheep out of season or in the wrong unit? That would take you into a different category. Canned lion hunts that end up getting filed by the feds? Knowingly illegally pursuing bears with dogs while using bait? Not minor honest mistake technical violations.

Another Citation I Almost Got Was On The LaSal Mountains One Time!

There Wasn't Any Doe Hunts Going On!

It Was Buck Only!

The Buck I Shot Had Antlers!

But I Didn't Notch The M on The Tag!

This warden Just About Shined His Badge & Put A Feather In his Cap!

He Did Make Me Notch The Tag As He Was Watching!:D

No Citation!
This was a 40 incher right Bess? If you shot anything less it was a piss cutter by your standards right ?

Consider yourself the Kingpin of forest crimes!! ???
Yes, and it was federal as well since it was the Forest Circus. I seem to recall it was like $17 or something.

Its the same law they would use to cite you for bolting a trail cam to a tree.

They Collected 17 Dollars!

And Spent Hundreds If Not More to Get That 17 Damn Dollars!

Yes, and it was federal as well since it was the Forest Circus. I seem to recall it was like $17 or something.

Its the same law they would use to cite you for bolting a trail cam to a tree.

Any updates?

Pic is purely for attention and doesn’t reflect in any way shape or form the Utahns who may rock the shorts/belt buckle look while attending the the Barbie Movie.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Did You Get Any Pics Of Him?

I'm Afraid The NOMAD Buck Of Today Doesn't Look Like The Original!
Sadly no pics of the Nonads buck. I had it set up over the fall/winter season with a fair amount of Himalayan pink crittrlick and Wild Turkey soaked sunflower/ NV Pine Nut blend, prior to the May 3 effective law change. I did get this little back country/steep and deep Bazterd patterned. Can’t thank Mr Snyder enough for the sound legislation. Best of luck to the Stick flipperz.

MFDC0681.jpeg

MFDC0699.jpeg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom