wolves and native americans??

K

KILLERBEE

with all the history of the native americans being able to kill anything from bighorn sheep to deer and elk anytime of the year, my question is: could they kill wolves in oregon and still be legal?
still working on my management plan:)

I'm a half breed so I wish. probably on the Rez no problem, but no place else. lots of indians are for the wolves though so probably best not to go there, they could have more luck getting more of them here than less of them I bet.

>I'm a half breed so I
>wish. probably on the Rez
>no problem, but no place
>else. lots of indians are
>for the wolves though so
>probably best not to go
>there, they could have more
>luck getting more of them
>here than less of them
>I bet.

good point, i'll have to put together wolf plan b now

KB, that was some good thinking...well almost!
A wolf biologist by the name of Russ M based here in La Grande told me they only needed 4 breeding pairs in oregon documented, then they can delist them. They had 2 pair collared so only looking for two more. Well....a cpl weeks later I saw the video a ODFW emloyee filmed in Imnaha, it had @ 20 or so wolves inthe pack.
So ya....I think ODFW is full of @#$%.......they have PLENTY of wolves in Oregon now to delist them. Our deer herds are almost non huntable, wait much more, the wolves will bring the elk herds down like the deers are now.

Oh come on BMA!
Those wolves in the video just swam across Brownlee to visit their relatives for a three day weekend! I'm sure they went right back home to Idaho after the weekend. LOL!
I saw that video also. I've also seen several wolf tracks on the Oregon side of Brownlee, While chuckar hunting the past few years!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-10 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]it's a crock really. 4 breeding pairs?? i believe i read ( and this wont be exact perfect numbers - but very similer) it takes the biologist to confirm that the SAME 2 wolves breed like 2 times a year, and 3 pups must make maturity out of each litter, FOR 3 CONCECUTIVE YRS before they are a "confirmed" breeding pair!

uh their dogs, i'd bet there is alot more breeding that is taking place that doesn't count for a breeding pair.

my logic is back in the day indians would have probably killed wolves if they were competing with their food supply right? i see pictures of them with their wolf head dresses.

also they would do alot of trading with the white man for "fire water" right?

so cant i just buy a couple indians a case of beer and say "go kill all those wolves" ?? :)

well it was a thought...........

Killerbee...

no you cant say that........but maybe you should say go kill a wolf and then ill buy you a case of beer.......the successes rate might be a little higher that way

>Killerbee...
>
> no you cant say
>that........but maybe you should say
>go kill a wolf and
>then ill buy you a
>case of beer.......the successes rate
>might be a little higher
>that way

:) thats great :)

There's a pack running around the out skirts of Joseph!(within 2 miles) They have been seeing them and hearing them a lot lately. There goes our whitetail deer herd!!!

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom