Wolves for super tags ???

blindsquirrel1

Spoke w/ region 1 commisioner today regarding a super tag drawing, where each hunter/trapper to take a wolf would be entered into a seperate super tag drawing.
How many of you would make an extra effort to take a wolf if the state would put up a 1 in 50 chance at a super tag?

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!

they are all about makin the $$, so if they were smart, they would double their revenue, give us hunters some incentive to kill some wolves! i think with every wolf we kill, they give us some sort of xtra points toward a hard to draw unit like 45 and such! itd give alot of guys some reason to go burn their 4$ diesel and time to kill a wolf!

That would be nice, but certainly after all the hassle on getting the opportunity I would think hunters wouldn't need an extra incentive to want to hunt wolves.

I will say at my last look last week hunters and trappers had taken approx 250 ytd, which is more than the approx 190 taken the innaugural season and better than I expected. Reward or not I would like to thank those that are out after it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-12 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]i think we have incentive already. to save the herds. im sure some guys would put in more effort but i think guys are out anyway. i guess it wouldnt hurt to give away 1 supertag, but as much as we hunter gripe about the wolves, we should be out doing our part.

suckers are hard to find tho... starting to think trapping is the way to go.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

I agree Travis. I think the lack of our deer and elk herds are enough. If you think its not quit deer and elk hunting. I don't think the state should give out a tag by just killing a wolf. They are hard to find and if someone gets lucky and does get one they shouldn't be awarded a deer tag, hell they shot a wolf, be happy, you were given that opportunity in the first place. Is it give more give more for hunters? Quit whining and go out and kill a wolf and save our deer and elk. Maybe you won't have to worry about getting drawn and the deer and elk will come back in the general areas.

I agree, we dont need to give someone a tag for shooting a wolf.Be glad we get to hunt them at all.Shoot one for better hunting next season is the best incentive.

>I agree Travis. I think the
>lack of our deer and
>elk herds are enough. If
>you think its not quit
>deer and elk hunting. I
>don't think the state should
>give out a tag by
>just killing a wolf. They
>are hard to find and
>if someone gets lucky and
>does get one they shouldn't
>be awarded a deer tag,
>hell they shot a wolf,
>be happy, you were given
>that opportunity in the first
>place. Is it give more
>give more for hunters? Quit
>whining and go out and
>kill a wolf and save
>our deer and elk. Maybe
>you won't have to worry
>about getting drawn and the
>deer and elk will come
>back in the general areas.
>
Not wining, I have invested 96 days between the 2010 season & this season. I see very few people out trying after the deer season is over. Just thought we could find some way to encourage those who are not helping get off the couch & away from the computer, some people need a reason to put thier boots on, I just want to help give them a reason.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom