Work it up or have it laid out???

W

wmidbrook

This is subject to being slammed BUT, if you had your choice between a known quantity or knew that you could do both better and worse but had to figure it out, what would you do?

a) Work up a load that did the best

OR

b) Run with a recommended load that was +/- half an inch to 2 inches off at a 100 yds.???

Just curious....go ahead, post your opinion

wmidbrook: Normally when I talk philosophy I sit under a big old pine tree with a bottle of Jack Daniels, but in this case I will forego the pine tree.

What you have here is question of idealism versus practicality. Ideally everyone should do whatever is necessary to attain the very best performance they can from their weapon (which I think you are talking about), by from a practical standpoint very few do so. If you are a good enough shot to be able to compensate for your + or - error then a practical solution is possible, but if you have doubts as to your capabilities then I would take the time and expend the effort to work up your Optimum Hunting Load.

I like to get what others have tried and found to work and then try and get it refined even more. The only way that you can get your best performance is for you to do your own testing and shooting, I try and shoot 3 times a week, even if it only ten rounds each time, It has really made a difference on my shooting.I bet I have spent more on Powder and Bullets then on Tags,

gator: I would have to definitely say the same thing about powder, bullets, and tags!! I am convinced that this is a major part of muzzleloading. The cost of the tags seems to be the lowest one you will have!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom