world coyote calling championships 2010

RIGHT ON CJBOZ,I missed the world last year first time in ten years kids talked me into taking them to disneyland that wont ever happen again se you there thanks for the info to.

longshooter338.... There are plenty of good spots down near Belen you guys should do really well! I even called and shot my first Desert Bobcat not far from Belen. Sounds like fun but with no vacation time this year that counts me out being that it is during the week. First weekend in September though it's on like Donkey Kong!! Don't forget your camera so you can share some pics with all of us!!

Good luck to all who enters!!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

How are you all doing, i was was just woundering how many coyotes it takes to win it? Or at least in the past what has won it?

Thanks Jake

Well in 2006 me and trent were on our way back to the world with 10 in the toyota when al morris and garvin young called to se how we did and if we were going to make check in and they had 12 and ended up winning their 2nd world title we called in 14 and missed 4 they called 12 and well garvin young just dont miss, and if it has ears al morris can call it, But to answer your question it all varies year to year ive seen years where 1 coyote will place you in the top ten.

This last year it took 18 I believe. Since it is in the SW this year I think it will take 20+. There is some great calling throughout west Texas and NM. I talked to the gentleman who was in charge of it in Cortez this past year and those were his predictions on the kill count. I am more in the participation mode, but I am damn sure going to give it my all. The best day I have had personally was 12. I have some friends I went to school with at Tech with big ranches out in NM who I plan on hitting up. We will see, I have gotten a participation ribbon before:) Cant wait to meet all you outlaws!

Sounds like a good time guys. Wish I could make it this year but have a baby due in the fall. Next year for sure.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

cj- I would agree it may take 20+ but since I do live in NM yes there are some great areas to hunt but with the pressure they recieve around the state I am gonna say 10 to 14 should win it with me and my team member having the 14. Hey I can dream right....

nmelk13... I would have to agree with you, there are tons of guys who call in that general area and there are more joining the masses every year.. Back in the day out around Ladrone Peak you could really pound'em but you got to get there early like September if you want to get into the yodel dogs heavy, it's not uncommon to be out there and just before you are ready to set up and start calling you hear the dying rabbit blues rolling across the plains off in the distance!!! CRAP!!! someone beat me to the punch!! I would guess a 5-8 dog day would be possible in December...

Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Who won and how many dogs did it take.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-10 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]It is in Dec. Gator. If you are asking about last year? I think it took 18.

Hey buzz,
I thought you died man, Did you forget my number?lol I hope you are ready to go out and blow the ##### out of some dogs this year. as soon as september rolls around i'm out in full force.

unclebuck32..Man you better not let me down when I call you! we need to hit that spot again in September so we can take advantage of all the pups! I can't wait!!

Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

My finger has got the itch and i got a new property that is full of song dogs and hasn't been called in over ten years. I can't wait to pull that 12 pack our first time out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom