World Cup Final!

If I wanted to watch a bunch of guys running around without scoring, I would watch the donkos.
The final score was 3-3 before it was decided 4-2 on penalty kicks (lots of scoring). Average goals per game in the World Cup was 2.5. Thats an average of 36 minutes between 'scores'. (90 min game)

For comparison sake- Believe it or not, the average score in an NFL game is 6 total touchdowns... Thats 3 scores each... in a game whose runtime average is 195-210 minute. So, if you want to watch a bunch of guys STAND AROUND without scoring, football is for you. 35 minutes between 'scores'. Also, consolation field goals are professional participation points. LOL

Or, if you don't have 3 and a half hours for football, baseball only takes 3 hours, and you're likely to watch men STANDING AROUND to score an average of 8 runs per game. Thats an outstanding rate of only 22.5 minutes between scores.

NBA.? High scoring, and they only take 2hrs 15mins. I'm guessing this is the sport for you.

I happen to appreciate them all... baseball the least these days.

So come on bluehair, find a team, crack open your favorite beverage, get a bowl of your favorite salty snack, and sit back for 36 minutes with us... then yell to high heaven when your team puts one in the back of the net.!! :D :D

The final score was 3-3 before it was decided 4-2 on penalty kicks (lots of scoring). Average goals per game in the World Cup was 2.5. Thats an average of 36 minutes between 'scores'. (90 min game)

For comparison sake- Believe it or not, the average score in an NFL game is 6 total touchdowns... Thats 3 scores each... in a game whose runtime average is 195-210 minute. So, if you want to watch a bunch of guys STAND AROUND without scoring, football is for you. 35 minutes between 'scores'. Also, consolation field goals are professional participation points. LOL

Or, if you don't have 3 and a half hours for football, baseball only takes 3 hours, and you're likely to watch men STANDING AROUND to score an average of 8 runs per game. Thats an outstanding rate of only 22.5 minutes between scores.

NBA.? High scoring, and they only take 2hrs 15mins. I'm guessing this is the sport for you.

I happen to appreciate them all... baseball the least these days.

So come on bluehair, find a team, crack open your favorite beverage, get a bowl of your favorite salty snack, and sit back for 36 minutes with us... then yell to high heaven when your team puts one in the back of the net.!! :D :D
Look, I appreciate your sediments but soccer just isn’t my bag. I blame having to sit thru a million kids games. I still don’t know what offsides is :sleep:

I do like their riots though (y)

Not much of an NBA dude either. Haven’t watched a game since the Jordan era. I heard there’s a team called the Pelicans? I blame being a lifelong Laker Hater.

Although I like the spectacle of NFL games and NASCAR races, I’m more of a horseshoes guy. Which means cornhole since cornhole killed horseshoes.

But I’m a you-do-you guy so I got nuthin against soccer. It’s just that most of my favorite sports require beer. :) But no drinkin when I’m riding a dirt bike, or golfing (causes a slice).:cry:

Fun fact, my youngest played Rugby at Mines this year. He had to sit out the single playoff game this season with a concussion.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom