Worse than Lays Potato Chips!! :)

Blank

Long Time Member
Old El Paso tortilla shells are addicting. Great with any burger, and simple easy. I know you can't eat just one, so I always make two to start. That usually ends up being two more!! Then it's two G&T's, and a nap!!
smile

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6741.jpeg

Yes, been slaying those shells almost 50 years now. They sure are one of the best items in stores. Wonderful looking dinner !.
Did you see the Rib Roasts at Albertson's are $5.49/lb for the next week ? Just riding home with one right now. Mama is driving so I'm not texting while driving.

I was over at a friends house, working on the travel trailer I just bought. His wife came in from the grocery and had two rib roasts she got at $4.99/lb. Guess I have to go out in the morning for an Easter roast!!!

FOR THE FRY BREAD​

• 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 1-2 tbsp oil
  • extra flour for dusting
  • vegetable oil for frying
Pretty simple to make the dough. Only difference is whether you use water or milk. For milder dough, if you top with cinnamon or powdered sugar like a beignet, use warm milk and a teaspoon of sugar.

The only time I make tacos, I make shredded beef and beans in the InstaPot. You want it to fall apart. You have to pull the bread a few seconds early so it stays pliable

Does anyone make those Indian tacos with the fry bread? Chef Blank got a recipe for those?
4 cups flour
2 heaping tablespoons dry milk
4 to 5 heaping tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups warm water
Mix and break off 2-3 inch balls of dough
Flatten on floured surface and fry a side at a time in 1" of oil.

These are superb for Navajo Tacos. Also superb for butter and favorite jam or preserves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom