Would "Recurve Only" Archery, discourage other Archers??

EROCK1313

So I was just reading the post on how Statewide Archery just SOLD OUT....LUCKILY, my dad and I drew the Book Cliffs Archery tag instead of our normal Statewide. BUT I have been pondering for awhile.... If alot of people think the increase is due to "Yuppies" and people trying to take advantage of the LAST STATEWIDE almost guaranteed tag, do any of you think if we switched some units to "Recurve/Longbow Only" units; it would increase the Drawing Opportunity for the Truly Dedicated Bowhunters who already use Primitve equipment or aspire to??

I know I have been getting ready for the switch, mainly because I just love the challenge, but I think it would be nice and GREAT way for deer numbers/quality to INCREASE on ANY Unit the changed this to.

Any thoughts on this??

?-ERock-> ?

Or how about only awarding tags to the folks who travel to and from their hunting grounds on horse and covered wagons?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Of course it would "discourage" other archers... Some would be able to transition to recurve, but many not- especially youth...

Maybe we should have a ".50 cal only" unit. Only those with enough money to buy a 50 cal get to hunt it... That's another way to look at discrimination... Not wrong, but it weeds out a certain population...

RAZR only units... no foot traffic, horses or any other vehicles aloud... Will some guys buy the new ATV, sure, but most will be "discouraged" and give up... that's not what we want, is it..?

You could just as easily reduce tags as create a recurve only unit...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I for one think it would be interesting to say the least. As for "youth" not being able to shoot recurve that is a bunch of crap. I learned at age 12 on a 45# draw weight recurve. That is the best time to learn how to use a recurve or long bow.

I think they should take all the compounds out of archery though. If you want to use a compound, well you can use it during the any weapon time. If you want to use "archery" equipment you better pick up and learn how to use a recurve!!

>BuckSnort, please.....PLEASE don't make Kilowatt go
>back to those days!
>
>Eel

LMAO Eel....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I think we need a special season or unit for lefthanders. This would include muzzy's, archery and firearms.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

VERY GOOD!.....a war amongst stick flickers!

You guys beat each other up and maybe the crossbow guys will get some special tags.

I think you all need to use an atlatyl....LOL!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

RECURVES? HELL NO!

I'd take their Fricken 175 Yard Pins away from them Crying/Bawling StickFlippers and they'd be Packin a long Bow along with wearin a Buffalo Brief!

Maybe give them a Tomahawk if they didn't like that!:D

These New Long Range Bows are wounding/wasting more animals than all the other Weapons combined!

With this Attitude:

I hit 5 animals but never recovered any of them!

I've still got a week to Hunt,I'll get more shots!

Now,before You Feather Flippin Fools get your Panties in a Wad!

I'm talkin about the StickFlippers that don't even deserve to own a Bow!

Not the Top Notch Archery Hunters!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

The spear came before the bow and arrow, so put your archery equipment away and join us real men who use spears.

how about statewide for recurve guys???

we could sit around and think of how many different ways and the different laws we could invent to increase deer numbers, quality, etc... but what really matters is putting more hunters in the field and more deer. 1988, over 280,000 hunters took to the field reporting 80,000 deer harvested. now we barely issue that many tags. The goal should never be to kill less deer! thats a horrible goal. we should kill more and more and more deer very year. the only catch is that we need to increase our deer herds so that they can handle harvst reports in the 80,000 mark.

I wonder how many people pass on deer all together. I would love to see a study done on that. I passed on several bucks this year but thats just because i just couldn't bring myself to shoot a little spiker on the archery hunt.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

RE: RECURVES? HELL NO!

CAT 175 yard pin was so many years ago... These new bows are good to way past 300.

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

RE: RECURVES? HELL NO!

I know wiley!

I know!

So ww?

Are You saying My Archery Equipment is outdated?

Easy ss!

You know by now I'm RAZZIN Ya!

I think it would only be Fair if there was a Long Bow Season there should also be a Flintlock Season!

OK Boys?

Where the Hell are We gonna add Hunts in to the back to back & overlapped Hunts already in place?

Answers Please?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Some folks will push their limits and wound critters no matter what their weapon of choice is.. If everyone was hunting with an iron sighted model 94 30-30 I guarantee there would be a few fools lobbing lead at 300+ yards....

Don't blame the spoon for making Rosie O'Donnell Fat........

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Oregon has statewide archery tags with a few units restricted to draw and a few units are restricted to traditional equipment, seems to work great and I don't recall this much bit#$in about it.

I don't think the idea of using it to restrict archers is how it should be perceived but rather to create a better scenario for those that choose to use traditional equipment. You can't believe that if they gave 2 or 3 of your future 29 units it is really a restriction to compounders. Same could be done for Muzzy Bess.

To some people primitive equipment is just that and things can be done to encourage the experience without ruining it for the rest. IMO

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I know Bop,

Just playin a bit myself! With huge cuts in deer permits coming down the pike again next year I am sure we will all speculate on ways to help everyone hunt more.

I personally would switch to a recurve if it meant more chances to hunt. I have already switched to archery for the same reason. I love to shoot my rifles and would love to hunt with them, but life is too short to sit around waiting for a tag!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom