Wyo Antelope- where did you apply ?

chipc

Very Active Member
unit 67 special for me. I had 3 pref points. I decided I'd rather have a good hunt with a good buddy than wait 6 -8 + years for 60 or 61. My buddy had no points but with 1.5 points average we should draw. How 'bout you ? Chip

>Unit 63 with 1 point, Crossing
>my fingers! Anybody hunt 63
>before? How was your experience?
>

I looked long and hard that that unit - it looks really good but I wasn't sure after seeing they issue 500+ tags for that unit which didn't look that big??? So, went with what I know which isn't much - unit 113 type 1, may draw if not 113 type 2 for sure draw.

I decided to wait for the leftover license. I have hunted all over Wyoming and can always find a place to hunt with a leftover license.

Put my 13 year old in for 48-1 plus a couple doe tags. Im waiting on my points so I put in for a couple does in 48 as well. We should draw and hopefully have a ball and fill the freezer! BH1

>>Unit 63 with 1 point, Crossing
>>my fingers! Anybody hunt 63
>>before? How was your experience?
>>
>
>
>I looked long and hard that
>that unit - it looks
>really good but I wasn't
>sure after seeing they issue
>500+ tags for that unit
>which didn't look that big???
> So, went with what
>I know which isn't much
>- unit 113 type 1,
>may draw if not 113
>type 2 for sure draw.
>

I must be interpreting the 08 demand stats wrong for 113 Type 2. The way I saw it was 46 2nd choice applicants were competing for 9 available tags.

Area 92 doe tags for me and my son. Will wait until next year when we are residents to hunt bucks.

>>>Unit 63 with 1 point, Crossing
>>>my fingers! Anybody hunt 63
>>>before? How was your experience?
>>>
>>
>>
>>I looked long and hard that
>>that unit - it looks
>>really good but I wasn't
>>sure after seeing they issue
>>500+ tags for that unit
>>which didn't look that big???
>> So, went with what
>>I know which isn't much
>>- unit 113 type 1,
>>may draw if not 113
>>type 2 for sure draw.
>>
>
>I must be interpreting the 08
>demand stats wrong for 113
>Type 2. The way I
>saw it was 46 2nd
>choice applicants were competing for
>9 available tags.
Um - maybe I figured it wrong which is possible - I hope not though. If I did well I guess I'll have to see whats left over - I'll keep my fingers crossed - thanks for the heads up I need to relook at the stats!!

Put my 13 year old son and myself in for a father son hunt together in unit #107 with two points. Should have decent chance to draw. Have hunted this unit numerous times and know the unit. Not a trophey unit, but a great hunt.

I have two points, but have a very tiny chance to draw on my first choice area 64, second choice was 48-2...gonna look for a late season goat, if I draw (Special). Can't wait for July!!!

47-1 + 2 does.
Hunt that area every year, for alot of years now. Mostly with archery equipment.

53-1 special with a point.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Me and my son NR 47-2 with 1 point

Will there be any leftover doe tags in 47?

How is the archery hunt in 47? Never tried but it would be alot of fun.

My Dad and I put in for NR 48 type 2. We drew last year and are hoping for the same. Put 32 type 2 as our second choice.

Steve

Max points 3 for me...... 112 1st choice and 99 mzzy 2nd choice on antelope.

Max points 3 for me......102 1st choice and G 2nd choice on deer.

Robb

Ant. unit 73 then 63 then 106 and deer unit 90 then G then A with 2 points I hope this is the year.

Applied as a party with my 13 and 14 year old sons for antelope 064-1 regular draw with no points. We each applied separately for deer 128-1 each with max points. Pretty slim odds of drawing anything but we send in about 100 applicatons every year for tough units and hope to get lucky enough to draw 1 or 2. Already been unsuccessful on our WY and AZ elk apps.

I hope all you guys are sucessful in drawing your tags but for those of you who are not I wrote a pretty good article on leftover antelope tags in wyoming on my website huntaddicts.com

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom