Wyo deer unit 161

bigjake

Anybody know this unit? I am looking for a place to hunt whitetails and/or muley's and I heard this area has some good river bottom area's for whitetail.

Thanks in advance.

I really don't know anything about unit 161, other than looking on my CD ROM and seeing that the entire unit is checkerboarded land. The chances of easy access to public property may be difficult or impossible even if it does hold good hunting for either species of deer. Maybe your best bet would be to call the F&G Office in Casper and ask some questions.

There would be a few, very few whitetails along the platte. there is very little access into this unit for anything unless you draw an hma permit.

thanks guys, kind of what I figured. Are there any areas you can recommend for public land whitetail hunting in Wyoming?

I would definitely be looking at the various river bottoms in the central and eastern parts of the state. Hone in on those areas on maps like you can access on the net and see if you can locate areas that have public land that is accessible. Then start asking about those areas just like you did on this thread and I imagine that sooner or later you'll come up with one or two spots that people are familiar with and will tell you about them.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom