wyo moose unit 20 or 2 ???

bucklite422

I have 13 points and want to burn them.Looks like I could draw units 20 or 2. I'm a nonresident and hunt DIY. Any help on these units would be helpful! Thank's

I'm NO moose expert. I have been in both areas elk hunting. Have seen similar numbers in both. I think that unit 2 has better access but most of the unit doesn't hold moose. I think that 20 may have better chance of holding a larger bull. Hopefully the true moose crazies can help you out more than I have.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-13 AT 08:23AM (MST)[p]Unit 20 will give you a better chance at a bigger bull than unit 2. Also w/13 pts you'd be a definite lock for area 26 which has awesome public access and the big bulls are there. There's a guy in the moose forum section of Eastmans.com that just hunted 26 this past fall DIY, he shot a really big one and it was the 3rd largest he saw on his hunt. The key is to get away, cover ground on the whole unit...w/ 13 points I'd lock in unit 26. Remember w/ the tag increases coming the points needed will go up this year as people like you a me get cash in and get oout of the game. Also a thing to remember w/ area 2 is the tag has been cut from 2 NR tags to 1 NR tag...yes you might have draw last year, but if you do a search back you'll see a couple of years ago someone cashed in 14 pts on that tag. With only one tag offered you always run the risk of an out-of-stater with a local relative bumping you out with more points wanting to do the same thing. Go w/ an area that gives out more tags like 26 and you can start making moose plans...good luck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom