Wyoming antelope 93

It has traditionally been a good area. My two oldest kids and I filled out three tags--two nice bucks and a doe--by 8:30 am opening morning a couple of years ago. If you want to be more discrimant and are looking for a bigger buck, try around the Fontenelle area. 93 covers a huge amount of country! Talk to the warden, maybe call a few sporting goods stores, sherrif's deputies, etc... Most of the hunters stay on tracks, though there are a lot of two tracks to drive around on. If you've the time, get off the beaten path and try to find some areas with little to no traffic. Get high and glass, and you will see goats that you initially had no idea were there. Even a cheap pair of 8x binoculars will make a whale of a difference. Have fun!

brian,

I grew up in the area. Have tried unsuccessfully 14 times for a permit since I moved away. I will PM you some spots to check out. Might be early next week, as I have to leave town tomorrow. Congrats and best of luck!

I too grew up in the area... I'm a Kemmerer..er..er..er ite! :) (Utah now). 93 is a great unit. By far my favorite in SW Wyo. You should be able to be a little picky in that unit. You can kill a 14" goat with your truck if your not watching the road. :) If you zero in on an area or have any questions, drop me a PM or email me at [email protected]

I too will be hunting 93 with my dad this year (he drew a Res tag).

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-06 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]Yehaww. I'll be in the same unit. I wanna go with the bow in August and return if I have too. But I don't want too, I want a be successful with the bow badly.

Hey Kirt, do you mind if I email ya about a little intel? I spend alot of time fishing up in the area. But 93 is huge. Got a couple of ?'s for ya if ya don't mind.

Sheesh a use to be Kemmererererrr ite here on MM. No way. That's great. I love it up there.

Thanks

Hunted it last year, plenty of antelope, roads, and country to hunt.

Went for the unit across the road this year (and drew)-I like the country better, but there's not as many antelope.

Good luck. It's pretty hard to go too wrong anywhere up there.

www.neverenoughbiggame.com

Keep an eye open at Kemmerer's local Cemetary, seem a Monster there back a few years ago when I was heading back home from Big Piney. 'Lopes all over the lawn inside there.

Brian

Yup, always a dandy in there, but you can't touch them. Kemmerer's city boundary is very large compared to the actual developed areas. The entire highway system around the city, all the way to the port of entry and back around is all city. Those lopes roam in there. Seems like every few years someone kills one in that area and the locals get to watch the cops, G&F and sheriff show up. :)

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

2005 was the only year I hunted 93. The antelope were really skidish for opening day, as if they had been hunted for weeks. Problems with sheep hearders moving through the area that time of year, but I didn't have a lot of pressure around me. Saw some nice bucks...1 I'm sure would have made B&C, but too far. Good luck, I might see you out there again this year.

P. R.

I also hunted it in 2005, the goats were unusually skiddish. I have either hunted, or been with a hunter, 6 times in the last 8 years. There are plenty of goats, we often will have 2 or 3 by lunch, but it is hard to find a really good one. There are so many people, you can hike early to an area, and trucks will push the goats right to you. Have fun, we were all unsuccessful this year.

Hey Kirt,
Is this the same Kirt that I hunt the "repeater tower" with during elk season.
Phil
thatcherwyo1

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom