Wyoming Antelope Outfitter- Who's Best

upmuley

I am on top of the points heap (I know, I know who isn't right :) and am thinking about going for the Special tag in an effort to improve my odds for 2011. Because I live half the way across country I can not scout much and my business dictates I can't be gone from work for 10 days to 2 weeks at a time.

So...Guided it is. I have always tried for a unit 60 Red Desert tag but have been re-thinking this. Since I am going to go guided anyway are there outfitters that are clearly better than the rest at true trophy class animals? If so can you share - PM them to me if you like.

I have a few antelope under my belt but I am looking for a good one for the wall. Any help or thoughts is greatly appreciated.

I think you can do it without a guide and do just fine. I hunted antelope for teh first time in one of the red desert units and there were plenty of bucks to pick from, just need to keep the finger off the trigger till you find the right one.

There are some really good outfitters in Wyoming who control large tracts of private and limit the harvest to produce some 80 inch plus Antelope consistantly - in units where you can draw as a second choice or even buy a leftover tag. The preference points just allow us cheapskates to have the same type of hunt on public land if we wait long enough. If you're going to go outfitted I'd really recommend saving your points and investigating some of the Outfitters like I've mentioned above. Happy New Year ! Chip

I bet you can do it without a guide if you wanted to. I hunted a unit in the red desert this year. I never stepped foot in the unit, we went the second week of the season, in two days of hunting we seen about 150 bucks. There are plenty of antelope to look at. I think the hardest part of antelope hunting is trying to guess the score. I guess a guide might be helpful with that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom