Wyoming Antelope Unit 17

RuRu12

It has been several years since I have been able to visit the great state of Wyoming to hunt antelope, but I am headed for Unit 17 the middle of October. It has also been a few years since I've posted actively on this site. I have received and shared some great info here in the past. I'm looking for some help for my upcoming hunt. If anyone has some Unit 17 info they are willing to share I would really be appreciative. I will be hunting with my fourteen year old son, a friend and his son. This will be my son's first hunt where he is the hunter. Up to now he has accompanied me as an observer. The other young man has some experience hunting whitetail here in Ohio, but this will be the first out of state hunt for him and his father. His dad and I coach NASP Archery at the boy's school. I really want the boys to have a great time and enjoy the experience. If anyone has the name of a land owner or other info to share please send me a private message.

RuRu can not help with unit #17 as I use to hunt below there in another unit. You can get ahold of the Better Business Bureau in Gillette, Wy. and there will be a very good chance they can provide you with a list of private ranch owners that allow trespass. In they past the BBB have been able to provide me with aprox. prices the rancher may charge for trespass fees.

Another option is to call the main fish and game office in Cheyenne, Wy. and they will provide you with the name and phone number of the warden that works #17. Give him a call and he should provide you with information on good ranches for hunter trespass and give you updates on ranches with good herds of antelope.

RELH

RELH - Thanks for the reply. I have already talked to the Gillette BBB. They no longer maintain landowner lists. Neither does the regional Game & Fish office. I was hoping someone on the site might have a contact that wasn't out there for everyone. I've had good luck here in the past.

RURU.....I have a list but let me get back to you tomorrow when I have more time to type it up and forward it to you...I just got home.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone have any information on overall herd numbers? Trophy quality, etc.? Really any info on the area will be much appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-15 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]RuRu....send me your email address...just click on the "double envelope" next to my name here and send me a not and I will attach the doc I made of the list for WY 17 Antelope. The list is from DEC 2010 that the F&G or maybe C of C in that area sent me, so there might be some changes or deletions I do not know about. Call of them or write a letter on a few of them since no phone numbers.
Oh yea.....make sure and put WY LOPE 17 in Subject line.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom