Wyoming Bison

that hunt has been getting tougher and tougher every year. I'd love to get a high number. Bison are delicious.

I guess there is always MT

My son will be receiving his orientation packet in July for cow bison!

Throw in my wife's moose tag, and that's an enormous pile of meat!

Congratulations Dave,
You had better start lifting weights now if you have to pack a (literal) ton of meat! LOL
Should be a blast!

LAST EDITED ON May-13-11 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]I drew NR #33. Looks like that will be just outside the running. Think they gave out 30 NR tags last year.

License Type: Results Area/Type
Non-Resident Moose Successful 020-1
Non-Resident Elk w/ Preference Point Option Unsuccessful All Choices/1 Point N/A
Non-Resident Wild Bull Bison Ranking Assigned - 33 002-1

Good luck to all those that drew. Bison are a very fascinating critter.

Buffalolayingdown2ndbuff-1.jpg

BullBisonmouthopen.jpg

111.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Beautiful photos BB. My favorite is #2. Now that's a true "high plains drifter". Thanks for sharing.

Eldorado

I am number 49 resident. Is that in the running? How many
Resident tags did they give last year? I don't know whether to be super excited or to be depressed to be so close but so far. About 8 years ago my wife was 37 and didn't get a tag. Congratulations to those that will hunt bison!!!!
WyMo

#49 should get you a permit. Last year there were 80 bull tags available (don't know the res/non-res split).

The resident bull tags the past few years are (according to the harvest reports):

09 - 115 resident bull tags
08 - 112
07 - 96

dwalton,
Thanks for the info. I can't sleep after looking at the results about 2 hours ago. I am jacked. Now I hope I don't draw anything else and that my son draws a good tag for his first year of big game hunting.
Good luck to all in the draw.
WyMo

Christ! Look at the bull in that 2nd picture, his head looks to be half his body! Awesome pictures there.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-11 AT 04:23AM (MST)[p]Does anyone know the exact procedure they use to distribute tags, and the timeline? I am on the edge NR #33. Need to plan just in case. When are quotas determined? If someone declines, do they then offer the tag to those with higher numbers?

After reviewing the application again, they make it sound like a guy needs to be prepared to be called any time, and the hunt could be on short notice for some folks.

I was #7 last year so if any of ya want a little intel feel free to reachout.

I just put the Wyo Buff on my Wall yesterday, along with my Wyo Bull too.

Not a bad turn around from my Taxi at all.

Some of you have Email of my finished re-model of my Trophy Room with the 2 new additions.

Anyways----if ya drew and need any help-----no problem...

Robb

>I was #7 last year so
>if any of ya want
>a little intel feel free
>to reachout.
>
>I just put the Wyo Buff
>on my Wall yesterday, along
>with my Wyo Bull too.
>
>
>Not a bad turn around from
>my Taxi at all.
>
>Some of you have Email of
>my finished re-model of my
>Trophy Room with the 2
>new additions.
>
>Anyways----if ya drew and need any
>help-----no problem...
>
>Robb

Pics?

I just got off the phone with the Jackson office of the Game and Fish Department. They are issuing 24 nonresident bull bison tags this year.

Wow WH, you just snuck in! I missed by 9. Oh well, at least I can concentrate on moose now. Good luck, bring home a big one.

#258 on the non res list. I guess I better unpack my bags. Good luck to everyone that might get a tag. Post pictures after your hunt.

Mr. BB,

I loved the photos, as usual.

My favorite one is the last pix, the one where he dropped in a cloud of dust right after your rifle shot! haha

Good luck to all you Bison hunters. Cool breasts.

Zeke

i called the jackson fish and game office they said 96 resident tags this year i a dozen out at 108 so we will see who passes but i dont think ill be in the running

Im # 26 on the list for non-res so I guess I was close but no cigar. Guess theres still a chance, but probally not likely.

>i called the jackson fish and
>game office they said 96
>resident tags this year i
>a dozen out at
>108 so we will see
>who passes but i dont
>think ill be in the
>running

9 Residents elected not to buy their tags last year so at 12 out you do have a glimmer of hope.

Guys.....i got my Bison letter from Wyoming this weekend. It showed I was number 736 out of 815 Non-res applics. Seems like its my typical application result "unsuccessful". Heck, I could apply for an over the counter tag and get denied.

Good luck all,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom