Wyoming draw question

UtahMountainMan

Hey guys got a question for you. Let say I, as a NR, apply for a limited elk license first and a general license as my 2nd choice. I am successful in drawing my 2nd choice general license. So I keep my points and pay the $550/approx for the general license.

If I get lucky and draw my LE utah deer tag that I have been applying for 5 years, can I surrender my Wyoming general license before a certain date and get a refund?

I cant afford nor do I have the time to hunt the Book Cliffs for deer in Utah and then spent 10 days in WY bowhunting for a bull elk.

Just wanted to see if I have the option of returning my General Elk License for a refund.

Thanks for the help!

If anyone has any questions about Utah hunting or the Utah draw feel free to PM me, I can help

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

>No way to draw a regular,
>general elk tag as a
>second choice.

Really? I have heard from a few people, including WapitiBob on this forum, that you could. This is what he said "If you can swing it, go special fee and GEN as a 2nd choice. 100% so far. Lots more area to hunt and a 300 can be had."

From that statement it sounded like I could apply GEN as a 2nd choice and have 100% draw odds with a special fee or around 25% with regular fee.

I have been told by others the same thing, maybe I am misunderstanding my options...

Am I?

pilgrim?"

Your correct. My buddy puts in for LE deer every year and Region K as a second choice General. He get his point and a general tag every year.

You can draw a general elk tag second choice in the special draw, but you cannot return the general tag for a refund.

>You can draw a general elk
>tag second choice in the
>special draw, but you cannot
>return the general tag for
>a refund.
That was my question. Thanks for answering ColoradoOak.

pilgrim?"

A special elk license is over $1000. Not the $550 from the first post, which is why I said you can't draw a regular as 2nd choice. Wyoming has some long seasons to try to do both your deer and elk hunt.

And Colorado Oak is correct.

From what I understand you asking,Can you turn in your tag for a refund ? I have been told NO ! Only for a death or medical reasoning ,but not just because you decide not to go.This is what I was told on an antelope tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom