Wyoming Judge sticks it to poacher

That Ain't his Ass handed to him!

You can't hurt alot of these JACKASSES by making them pay with un-limited money!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Doesn't sound too stiff for me either. Surrender the mount? What about cars, trucks, guns, atv's that were used during the crime? Seems to me it could've been more severe.

TRH

I may be wrong, but if you are convicted of a felony, you just lost your future rights to hunt or bear arms? Isn't that the way it works? At least in Utah...

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-11 AT 08:34AM (MST)[p]
Elkhunter96---You are correct and that's why not just the money was a suitable penalty. When this guy violated the Lacey Act for transporting that illegally taken bull across state lines, it became an automatic felony under Federal jurisdiction with severe penalties. Here is the last part of the article on what that schmuck also lost for doing what he did and the last sentence is the biggy:

"As part of his sentence, Robinson also must give three speeches a year about wildlife conservation during each of the three years he will be on probation. He also must do five public service announcements under the direction of fish and wildlife officials and must surrender the mount of his trophy elk.

Robinson also loses his rights to vote, possess firearms or serve on a jury for life, unless the president issues a pardon."

In effect, that guy will not hunt legally with a firearm in any state for the rest of his life, not just the Violator Compact states, because he can't possess a firearm. That relegates him to hunting with a bow and as far as I'm concerned they should have taken ALL hunting priviledges away for life!

Certain ones and that depends on the seriousness of the crime and what the Judge put into the court documents upon sentencing.

>ya but you can have your
>felony expunged after five years
>cant ya?

Sometimes, but it rarely happens when the felony involved a crime(s) where a firearm was an integral part of it. In general, the expunging of a felony involves stuff like minor embezzlement, etc. or something where a jury's decision or law might have been a bit goofy. A good example is the case in AZ where hiker Harold Fish shot the guy with the dogs. Although originally convicted of murder, he was later released from jail, and the felony was erased from his record.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

The funny part about this whole thing is the dumb ass rich guy is now spending $35K in fee's and loss of hunting right with a gun for life along with loss of the bull and such. If he would have spent $10K-$15K on a fully guided hunt he could of had a much bigger bull and not all the legal drama that went along with it. This guy should have got the dumb ass award along with all the fines he got.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-11 AT 04:21PM (MST)[p]Now that is classic. What a D-bag outfitter.

Their web site says "Big Horn Adventure Outfitters name is synonymous with PROFESSIONALISM, quality, FAIR CHASE, and private fishing and hunting leases in Wyoming. We offer quality hunting for trophy elk, trophy mule deer, and trophy pronghorn antelope."

I wonder if they should list as a side note that all fines, both state and federal, are the sole responsibility of the guided hunter. Why list the deadline date if they will guide a guy who doesn't have a tag. I wonder if they charge less if you actually have DRAWN a tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-11 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]
Guys: I know people in the F&G and just talked to a Supervisor who will go unnamed at the Cheyenne headquarters about this. The case was just wrapped up by the Feds at their level before the 5 year statute of limitations runs out soon. I asked if F&G was aware that this guy was on a guided hunt and that pictures of him are still on that outfitter's website. Because the case at the state level is still ongoing he could not tell me anything other than "stay tuned, there is more forthcoming on the case". That tells me that this outfitter is going to get nailed for some type of violation regarding the killing of that bull and I can't believe they still still have the exact picture up on their website that is in the website newspaper article. NOT TO SMART! PS: I'll be keeping in touch with friends out in the area for anything that transpires. I hope it's the revocation of their license to do business in the State of Wyoming for such a dirty deed!

DearMadness--I was thinking the same thing and am going to do that it a couple minutes. I think everyone reading this thread should do the same and send them an email telling them they have lost all credibility and will not be getting business from anyone we know because of it.

Received & returned. I got my email to the Outfitter back as undeliverable today and now I know why! Are you going to put up the message you sent me in the PM or do you mind if I do?

I think it will all be out next week. Long short outfitter is going same way as hunter. They were caught selling resident tags to nonresident hunters and it WILL cost them.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-11 AT 08:45AM (MST)[p]I hope they nail them all real good with some stiff penalties and I'm sure they will lose their license to do business in Wyoming from now on. People like that are just dirty rotten thieves who are illegally stealing wildlife from us honest people!!! I'll bet a bunch of their previous clients will be squirming when word gets out!!!

Had a situation similar to this one many years ago involving a big muley buck near Pinedale.The outfitter lost his license,but not for long.Seems like he got it back not too long afterwards(maybe his wife got it),maybe in another state.Hopefully things have changed nowdays and his outfitting career is OVER.

nontypical---What is even worse in this particular situation is that isn't just one guy, but an entire family that is involved in the outfitting/guiding business and there are multiple violations coming down besides the Oregon guy that just got nailed!!!

Love the sentence, but should have included jail time. Glad they got a hold of this before the 5 year time ran out.

Hopefully the outfitter gets his and it should even be more sever then the hunter!!! Can't wait to see it pla out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom