Wyoming Legislature

The G&F is already putting into motion the tools to make bull elk worth more to landowners. I hate to say it, but Rick King is talking out both sides of his mouth on this one. He recently fought hard to get additional NR Region general elk tags for this same area that's being discussed, essentially making bull elk worth more to landowners in the area and a strong likelihood of more protection for elk herds.

The G&F is already putting into motion the tools to make bull elk worth more to landowners. I hate to say it, but Rick King is talking out both sides of his mouth on this one. He recently fought hard to get additional NR Region general elk tags for this same area that's being discussed, essentially making bull elk worth more to landowners in the area and a strong likelihood of more protection for elk herds.
Word on the streets is landowners in certain parts of Montana are getting 20k$ a bull and the outfitters are up to charging 25k to cover it

Same reason there are even any free range exotics in Texas as well is because they're worth money to the landowner there's no limits or season but they exist because they have value same as the elk always will

There's a loop hole! Allowing landowners to give a tag away isn't going to change the fact they can still charge a trespassing fee. I'm sure they could also charge an outfitter a logistics fee. That's passed on to the client.

This is a disaster in the making. Any bets that there are tons of licenses available? The game and fish could easily make all the licenses already available for the same time frame. But the problem would not be fixed unless....

1. Access was allowed to kill the elk

2. They somehow were able to kill elk on property that does not allow hunting...

As JM77 mentioned there is a major flaw in the system here... Increasing NR tags increases the value of the bulls and as a result will decrease the opportunity for all others to hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom