Wyoming Region K Help

blake1987

Hey guys, I thought I'd take a shot in the dark. I drew the Region K tag for deer this year in Wyoming and have been out multiple times and have ran into mainly does and yearling bucks. There are only 2 days left in the hunt and I was wondering if anyone had any general areas they'd recommend taking a look at. I have hunted mainly around the Bear River Divide if that helps. Thanks again; any help is appreciated.

I live in Kemmerer and have hunted region K alot. This year is by far the worst year for deer I've ever seen out there. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but K has been getting worse and worse every year in my opinion. Atleast on the divide part of it. Good luck!

Winter kill has decimated region k! I know people that have hunted here for 20+ years that can't find a mature buck anymore! This past winter range was very sad to see!

Bowhunter13,Thanks for the info. I've heard Region K was hit hard 2 winters ago with almost an 80% winterkill.

Muleman1- I didn't have any points but I put in for the special draw. Honestly, I'd be happy with some meat for jerky at this point.

I've been there the last 2 years(14 days this September) and only saw one legal buck this year. Its bad! Did see lots of does and good fawn crops both years. Good luck!

We saw 3 legal bucks tonight on the Bear River Divided right from the road. The biggest was 28" wide, but gave us the slip while we moved in for the kill. Still a few good ones running the hills.

That would be my luck this year. But it would be a scouting package guy that gets this buck. We will try to find him in the morning or an Elk since that hunt started Oct. 1 this year.
My dads friend killed an elk on the bear river divide October first. As they were dragging it down to the road, some neck bearded yokals from Kemmerer came up on them ranting a throwing a fit about killing the elk out of season. They insisted they were going to tell the GW, who conveniently was parked half a mile down the road. They drove up to him, had a brief conversation. Then drove off in a cloud of dust. ????

My dads friend killed an elk on the bear river divide October first. As they were dragging it down to the road, some neck bearded yokals from Kemmerer came up on them ranting a throwing a fit about killing the elk out of season. They insisted they were going to tell the GW, who conveniently was parked half a mile down the road. They drove up to him, had a brief conversation. Then drove off in a cloud of dust. ????
??? thats awesome. I saw in the regulations before the hunt that rifle elk started the 1st. I figured it would be pretty entertaining to watch people freak out

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom