Wyoming spring turkey not happening

M

MartinHunter

Looks like my family and I did not draw our resident spring turkey tags here in Wyoming. Not surprising, last year we did not draw any of our special permit tags, and we even had three choices for our turkey and our elk! Looks like I only have fishen? and ?rock? hunting to combat my cabin, fever. Even though it still sucks, maybe it will work out for the better, at least I will have more time to practice for deer season., and it's a general tag.

Michael

Michael,

I'm sure you know, but you can go to the Black Hills and buy a license over the counter if you really want to hunt turkeys. There are some decent spots up there, but I know it is more of a drive for you. Sorry you did not draw. Maybe the big game drawings will be kinder to you this year. I'm still waiting for a sheep - 27 years and counting - so don't give up.

Up in the northeast you can hunt the over crowded national forest or pay a large amount to hunta little private. Not to be an ass, but I know this for a fact. Half my family lives in Sundance, because my great unlce owns energy electric up their. My other unlce worked for a rancher as a hand for a while a long time ago and he said the guy would give my dad permission to turkey hunt. Well, we got up their and the turns out the rancher would for a small fee of $100, and this was fall turkey. Anyway, I can always hunt the genereal if some out of stater gets my special permit. When is the out of state draw anyway?
Michael

MartinHunter, an you use horses to get away from the crowds up there? I grew up in Cody and hunted fall turkey and whitetail up there, but don't remember if there are anough miles of continguous public ground for a horse to be and advantage?

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation, INCREASED and NOT IMPAIRED in value."
logo_pub.jpg

Killed a WY longbeard on public ground in the Black Hills on Easter Sunday. Spent last week in NE with no luck on private ground. Guess I'll just have to go back and hunt public land in NE next week........LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I hit NE this past weekend for a quick hunt. Birds are still henned up... but I'll be back. I'm thinking next year it would be fun to hunt CO, NE, SD, and WY... a Rocky Mountain Merriam Grand Slam!

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation, INCREASED and NOT IMPAIRED in value."
logo_pub.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom