Wyoming Typical?

boomer

While scouting in Wyoming this weekend I found this guy. I was disappointed in how the pictures turned out but I will share them anyway. With limited time to hunt, I think he is a shooter to me but I really didn't get a chance to study him. Given these pics, what do you think? How big is he? Is he a shooter?

4608typical1.jpg

9636typical2.jpg

175-180. Looks like he's missing eyeguards and a little light on the mass. Good beams and forks.

Whether he's a shooter or not is up to you. I'd shoot him, but am not concerned about score and just like a nice looking buck.

I agree, I pretty much like any buck that has made it through a couple of seasons. I thought I would add a picture of a big three point and a smaller four point that he is running with. Anyone out there like three pointers. This is one of the bigger ones I have seen lately.

15133point.jpg

If he's the best one you've found, then he's a taker. Getting lucky during the hunt and bumping into a larger buck is not likely. That buck is a big one for that area up there. Of course there are bigger bucks, but not a lot of them.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

He looks a little light to me. When he sheds his velvet, he'll look much less impressive...even spindly. Great forks, though. He could be a hammer in another year or two. I let him walk and take the big 3 instead. But then, I would rather take an older buck that scores less...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom