Wyoming unit 7 for elk is it worth it?

seeleymt

Well I guess it's getting time to apply looking hard at unit 7. Have mav points , am willing to pay a trespass fee or do a guided hunt is this unit worth the points, for one of thses type of hunts? My first choice would be un-guided with trepass fee, if anyone knows of some ranchers that wouls let me on for a fee please let me know,looking for the bull that scores 330 or more?
Thanks Brian

My son and I have max. points and just put in for unit 7. I don't know about a 330 bull but there ranches that you can hunt without paying a fee.

Check with ICMDEER (Jim Freeburn) on here. He runs Tripple Creek hunts in unit 7. Excellent small operation. He'll get you a 330 bull. GOOD LUCK.

It looks like $5800 if you hunt opening day, or $5300 for others. Google Triple Creek Hunts for more info.

Thanks for the kind recommendation. We do run pretty strong on 330+ bulls, but as everyone knows, it's a hunt and anything can happen. Last year, we only took three elk hunters and they took a 370, 350 and a 330. But that was a good year and much has to do with the skills of the hunter as well.

I also agree that Pat Souza at Turkey Track has a good operation and they take some great bulls. As it is with every area, there are other outfitters that do not fare as well.

Also, I tell hunters that even though area 7 is still pretty darned good, it is not what it used to be. The public ground gets hammered and there are lots of serious and skilled hunters trying to take trophy bulls out of a relatively small area of public lands. If you really want a solid bull, it is best to look at some of the well managed private lands. It gets tougher every year to kill a stud on the public lands.

Good hunting to all.

Jim

Hope you draw, when you do look up Elk Mountain Outfitters. If I could ever draw that tag again, I'd hunt with Mike. Besides his family is wonderful and will make you feel at home.

Bill in MI

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom