Year to Date Rain Map

AZ4life

This is the Calendar Year to Date precipitation map. It shows the percent received in 2012 compared to the average. Looks like most of the state is between 5 and 50% of normal. Is it too late to start praying for more rain?

94416-15-2012_2-05-20_pm.jpg

Another dry start to the year. That's life in the American Southwest. :)

Depending on your region, 30-65% of your yearly rainfall is about to commence in a few weeks! Lets hope for a wet monsoon!

good monsoons will spread the animals out, eliminating the scenario of 35 hunters sitting one tank. :)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-12 AT 01:52AM (MST)[p]May I ask what program that is, I have been looking for one of those.

~Jason Peterson
Mossy Oak ProStaff

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

It may be close to being to late for elk antlers, but its not even close to being to late for deer antlers. There is still plenty of time left for a rain to help mule deer or coues deer racks. Their racks are only about 15 to 20% grown at this point at most.

I've heard on the radio that this years monsoon is supposed to be pretty good.

If you look at the last 10 years, there have been some pretty big bulls taken during dry years. I know that rain has a lot to do with antlers but more importantly it provides cover for calves and fawns.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-12 AT 12:16PM (MST)[p]there shouldnt be any problem with antler growth;
90% of the places last wekend still were very green up north.
it may afffect some of the desert deer,
but i doubt it had any influence this yr on elk antler growth .
the herd looks to be in great health

Thank you, I have been looking for something like this for quite some time.

~Jason Peterson
Mossy Oak ProStaff

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-12 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]CMGT,

For the desert areas you are correct, IMO. Some bucks won't finish out until September, but for elk, it's a done deal. The deer units North of the big ditch will also be finished shortly.

The Monsoon outlook is neither above average or below average at this point. Some moisture surged up this week because the high pressure set-up in the four corners area. The high pressure is suppose to push east by tomorrow.

Now, if you want to hear elk screaming this fall, it better get to raining. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks,
Craig Steele

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom