Youth General Rifle - Resident

G

gaetz

What do you think the odds are for the youth who are trying to draw a NE Utah General Rifle Deer Tag? Also, I put in for a NE Muzzy deer due to the "South Slope Vernal" restricted hunt. I hope my odds are good too!

Do you have any info that may help me try to sleep better since my CC hasn't got dinged yet?

Thanks,

TRH

Well Tim!

Not to disappoint you but!

Sounds like there will be 4,000 less Deer Hunters in the NE Region this Fall!

Gonna be quite a few 'somebody's' without a Tag!

I might be on that list!

Good Luck & let us know if you & your Son Draws!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

BB-

I thought the 4,000 tags cut were for the General Rifle only, not muzzy?

And I guess my questions was, are the youth going to get any preference at all, or are they thrown into the general pool?

TRH

TRH,

The Rifle and Muzzy guys pull from the same pool on the general buck deer tags so the 4000 tag cut effects both of them. But the youth do get 20% of the tags reserved for them.

Arrow-

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that maybe by going muzzy, I might have some better odds.

Good luck to you!!

TRH

I imagine there will quite a few disappointed folks trying to draw a muzzle or rifle tag for the NE Region. Under the current management plan for the Region is allowed 14,000 buck tags for rifle and muzzle. Since 2005 the Region has had a cut of 1,000 tags (13,000 tags given out). Also since about 2005 the Northeast Region has sold out on the draw, meaning that not everyone that put in for Northeast drew a tag. Now with the 4,000 additional tag cut (5,000 less than the allowable 14,000) there will be quite a few disappointed folks. We'll see if we hear about it from anyone on this forum. Maybe, Maybe not.

I put my 15 year old daughter and my 12 year old son in for the NorthEast.

I usually go Central but we had high hopes of being able to hunt some old family places with Grandpa.

It would be a sad day if I have to tell my son that he can't hunt his first year he is old enough. He's been waiting for this day since he took hunters safety when he was 9.

This really sucks. Out of the 7 family members that put in for NE (general rifle), not one has had a CC hit yet. I'm still hoping though.

TRH

LAST EDITED ON May-18-11 AT 03:29PM (MST)[p]No I didn't put a second choice. I figured I would rifle hunt the Book Cliffs for elk if they didn't draw. But now that has been taken away also

If my son dosen't draw I will get him a youth archery tag but I don't know if he will be able to pull back 40 lbs by then.

My daughter has never shot more than a little recureve bow. I don't think she could pull 40 either. It was hard enough the last couple years trying to get my daughter a deer with a rifle let alone a bow.

I'm just hoping

I hope that your son draws we had 4 hits for ne rifle it is sad to see that they have to wait i remember my first hunt when i was 14 and it was a blast. Look at spike and anybull is a back up at least he will get to go.

Do you know anyone in Idaho? You can buy a tag over the counter in a lot of areas. NR youth can hunt as a mentored youth which means they need to hunt with an adult who has the same tag. There are a lot of units that alow youth to shoot a doe when the general area is for bucks only. The price for the tag is the same as a resident youth tag. Just a thought.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom