Youth hunts for mule deer

A

azyoteclr

I was told about some good hunts for out of state youth muledeer.They said its super hard to draw as an adult but nobody wants to spend the money for there kids so the draw odds are good.I know that areas 2-a 2-b 5-a 5-b have good deer but what is the best one i need to know so i dont put his choices in wrong.Thanks

Your right about the areas, they are all good. 5-a is a small unit with a lot of private. but guess again on draw odds for youth hunts, they are just as hard to draw. my son only drew one youth deer tag in four years of appling. my other son is 0 for 1.

Draw odds are tough but take a look at unit 4 late youth there are some good bucks in this unit if not the best in the state, a unit with numbers and an excellent hunt for youth is in unit 36 excellent dates and tons of forky's for them to have a crack at and it's a blast.
nmbighorn

They are 12 and 13 and both have shoot some small deer so i thought i would try to find them something big to shoot at.How is the burro mount area?Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 10:20AM (MST)[p]Burro Mnt area is excellent for the youth hunt. It even has extended dates. In looking at last years odds report, there were 23 out of state apps and of those 5 were drawn.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom