youth muzzleloader pronghorn

DIYhunter

My son (Danny) and I were able to enjoy a great youth muzzleloader hunt this weekend. Wanted to thank NMPaul for the tip on where to find some nice bucks. Danny and I have been spending a lot of time at the range trying to develope a dial turret system for his muzzleloader out to 250 yards for this hunt. He shoots a TC Encore topped with a 16x Vortex Viper HS. The load we landed on was the 260 grain PT Golds from Harvester,100 grains of BH209, and CCI mag 209 primers. I zeroed it at 100 yds and entered the measured velocity and the bc of the Harvester into the Vortex ballistic app. It worked like a charm at the range and we were about to test it in the field.

We were able to stalk within 233 yards of this buck. I ranged him, asked my son if he was on the buck, and dialed the turret to 7 minutes of angle. Upon walking to retrieve the buck he told me that he was aiming for where the white meets the brown on the shoulder. (Notice the hole on the buck in the pic!) Anyone who has meet us at the range knows the kid can shoot! It was another life time memory for my son and I..
7829dscn0423.jpg

7503pronghorn_1.jpg

7554pronghorn_2.jpg

Well done young man! Got the pose down and everything! Lookin like he might b past the peck from dad! Lol! Nice job dad!

That is awesome Rod. It was great to finally meet you after seeing you getting it done all these years.

We never made it back out. That is a great shot for anyone with a ML. Amazing how kids can shoot sometimes.

I cant wait until my little hunter can take part in the tradition...I think about it almost every day. Congrats!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom