Youth NR General Elk Draw Odds ?

UtahMountainMan

Hey guys - trying to figure out what the odds are for a nonresident youth for the general elk. It looks like if a youth applies in the special draw the price is the same as the adults and im assuming the draw odds are the same?

Are the youth also lumped in with adults in the NR regular elk draw? With the only difference being a reduced cost in the permit fee?

Thanks in advance, just trying to figure out if I should apply as a group with my son or separate. I have 4 points he has 3.

Only advantage for youth is the cost of the regular priced tag. Still have to draw with everyone else and the special priced tag is full price.

It really is kind of a tough deal for youth as I started putting in for my son at 12 and by the time he was 17 and had some time to go to WY I didn't want to spend all those points on just a general tag so he never got to take advantage of the reduced cost. If I were starting now, or he was much younger with less points and had the time, I'd take the cheap general tag rather than missing out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom