2C Early Muzzleloader Hunt

F

Father_of_3

I lucked out and drew a 2C MD tag for late Sept. I've been in this area some but never deer hunted there. I see a lot of info on units 2b and 2a on here but not much on 2C. Anyone hunted 2C recently that could give me some ideas on what to expect with this hunt or have any suggestions on areas to focus on?

Take some good glass and plan on spending alot of time behind it. It's pretty dry down there so check water. Good luck that's an awesome hunt.

Get high and glass.

Early morning is going to be your best shot to see the deer out in the open, but the big boys tend to head to bed early.

I would find some vantage points where you think some bedding areas are and maybe you can catch them heading into the trees.

Tracks, tracks, tracks. Pay attention to tracks. Sometimes you think there isn't any deer because you don't see them, but they are there. They like to hide in the trees.

It has been raining over here, but it dries quickly. Water and tracks might be a good place to start.

Without giving up my secret spots, I would say start with Crow Mesa area, but there are deer in most every part of that unit, with big bucks.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info Huntntiger.

Anyone seeing good signs in 2C during the last few days? Scouting tomorrow and hope to be ready for Saturday morning.

I was out there during the archery elk hunt and saw alot of tracks from big bucks. I saw a couple of real good bucks as well (185+). I know a guy that was out there at the same time and he said he saw alot of huge deer. Hit me up and I will give you some good spots to look at.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom