32" Draw

COHunter

Can you guys list any Bow's that you know of the have at least a 32" draw length? And that won't require a 2nd Mortgage

So far I found a Bow by Martin (phantom I believe).

I want to try bowhunting, but most bows feel too small. Went to an Archery shop and 32" is what he told me to get.

Thanks

You are one lucky SOB if you have a 32" draw! You will be able to shoot well into the 300's with just about any bow. I would suggest looking at the Martins, they have many bows to choose from and are very reasonably priced and are top notch in quality. I myself like the Mathews, but the Martin gives you a better bang for the buck. I am considering buying the Martin SlayR, it would be a great bow for hunting and 3D's--just a suggestion.

I have a pretty long draw, (not that long) but you might try finding a 31", then using a longer release to make up for the distance. The Buckmasters 4000 is available in 31.5". PSE Bruin is available in 32".

I also have a 32in draw and draw a Hoyt UltraTec about 31.5 inches with a string loop. Check out Reflex bows, they are made by Hoyt but are not as much money.

Mark

What is your wingspan? This is the distance from finger tip to finger tip with your arms stretched all the way out.

I can tell you exactly how to get your correct draw length with that number, including a D-loop.

Cheers,
Pete

CO How tall are you? Most new guys are not used to drawing a bow back properly and end up with the wrong draw length. The tendancy is to arch your back and lock your bow elbow. This is bad form and will exaggerate your draw length. I would get a second opinion before you buy a new bow. Over the years I have shortened my draw lenght by correcting my form and slightly bending my bow arm. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Once you hunt with a bow, it will be hard to turn back. Ed F

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-04 AT 03:19PM (MST)[p]Depending on which Doctors Office I'm at. 6'3.5" to 6'4

I'll have to measure my wingspan tonight

Thanks for the info guys ;-)

All I can say is good luck, I have a 33 inch draw and have been looking for 4 years. Alot of older bows have the long draws, but the newer bows are too short axle to axle so they pinch your fingers( I don't use a release). I have always shot an old browning but a limb cracked this spring so I ended up with an older bear that is too short but will have to do till I can afford a better one. If you use a release I would agree with the other posts about getting a longer release to help solve the problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom