Archery Cow - West of Grand Lake

toolmann

Anyone willing to share any advice on archery cow elk west of Grand Lake? I'm a resident but this will be my first time up in that area. Will head up there a few times this summer. Just looking for possible places to start. It is a buddy and I and we don't mind getting into the nasty steep drainages if we have to.

Thanks in advance for any help you're willing to share!

TM

Avoid the stillwater area, lots of roads, lots of atv's during rifle season. Probably not as bad archery but if that annoys you avoid that area. I'm assuming your east of hwy 125?

Yeah, we are planning on coming up HWY 34 and cutting west right around Shadow Mountain Lake. Take the dirt roads north and head towards Never Summer Wilderness Area.

TM

Went up last Saturday to get a feel for some of the area. It is definitely pretty up there. Did get in to a lot of elk sign, but didn't see any animals. Except for finally seeing my first moose! What amazing animals they are. After the first trip up and coming home to look at more images I think I have a few more good spots nailed down to check out. I'm pretty confident we'll at least see some elk this season. Getting close enough to sling an arrow will be a different story.

TM

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom