Calico Buck from WI....pics

kilowatt

Here is a crazy Buck that a hunter got over in WI. He sent these pictures to a bunch of people to see what he could get and the owner of Cabela's paid him $13,000 for the head and hide. A calico buck like the one below is rarer then an albino.

49501c792d058343.jpg

49501ca32eb2773e.jpg

49501cc82f7eae74.jpg

Looks like a crossbread with a beef cow! Those whitetails will hump anything

I could see how someone would pay a lot of money for that. It looks really cool. I wonder if they'll use the same antlers or put a larger set on when they mount it. Very cool.

Steve

he probably could have gotten a lot more for it. I know that Cabelas rips people off on those sort of things. Only because these people dont know the difference.
A friend of mine shot the number 2 yukon moose Pope and Young a couple of years ago. An appraiser for this sort of thing told him not to take anything under 40k for it. Cabelas offered him 15k and acted like it was a really good price.
Just my two cents.

>he probably could have gotten a
>lot more for it.
>I know that Cabelas rips
>people off on those sort
>of things. Only because
>these people dont know the
>difference.
>A friend of mine shot the
>number 2 yukon moose Pope
>and Young a couple of
>years ago. An appraiser
>for this sort of thing
>told him not to take
>anything under 40k for it.
> Cabelas offered him 15k
>and acted like it was
>a really good price.
>Just my two cents.

There are several ways to make an appraisal. The highest being the scenerio where you have a highly motivated buyer and less than motivated seller. However, when you appraise something at fair market value, the methodology used is the assumption that both buyer and seller are highly motivated. I don't think it's a fair assesment to say that Cabela's ripped off anyone. If they make an offer and the seller takes it then I'd say that is about fair market value.

Great...now I got to get a different Hunting Horse....BOBCAT YOU EVER BEEN TO WISCONSIN FOOLIN' AROUND??

It is a neat buck...I wouldn't of sold it.

That buck was shot in TX a few months back not in WI look at the background, you will not see any of that in WI.

>That buck was shot in TX
>a few months back not
>in WI look at the
>background, you will not see
>any of that in WI.
>

What background?

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

I would have at least held out for a fully outfitted Guaranteed 10' plus Kodiak Brown bear hunt with a taxidermist fully body mount included........But then again that's just me!

The background. . . you mean the dark? It never gets dark Wisconsin? They must be a lot further north than I remember.

Go on any Whitetail forum and look around a bit, you will find that buck and find it was shot in TX, has been on most whitetail forums for at least 1-2 months now. The horns also have alot of TX look to them. I am not trying to start a fight here just getting the facts out there.

It hair isn't long enough to be killed up in WI during rifle season, It's pretty cold up that way by then.
I think it's a Texas deer too, But the horns look just like SD,Wyo,MT,Colo,KS type horns too, LOL

If you look at alot of TX deers horns you will see they are long and not much mass, with alot of them curveing in on the points twords the top. Look at a bunch you will know what I mean~!

Not sure I have ever seen a buck with a body that big from Texas.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

To clear it alll up to you! ?My husband (James Curtis) is the one who killed the piebald buck in East Texas that has created quite a bit of interest on the Internet. I just wanted to give you the facts so that you can update your website. You can actually see the buck on the Texas Big Game Awards website, as well as on their TropyWatch.

The deer was actually killed November 2, 2008, on a privately owned ranch outside of Palestine, Texas. The piebald deer scored 138 5/8 gross with a total body weight of 195 pounds. My husband is getting the deer full body mounted. Anyways, I just wanted to give you this information since there are lots of emails going around saying the deer was harvested in Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Georgia just to name a few. One email even says that the deer was sold to Cabelas for $13,000! It is crazy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom