Candlestick Park poll

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The last regular season game tonight. Lots of memories over the years for me. I was there only once for a baseball game. It was a night game and it was cold and windy.

Who has been there? Any special memories?

Eel

Saw a fair number of Giants games and a couple Niners game at the 'Stick.

My favorite memory is when my son was about 6 or 8 years old. Will Clark was his favorite player, and he was then with the Rangers. It was 'Bat Day' and my son got a Barry Bonds bat. Will was over on the 3rd base side, signing autographs. I sent my son down to get one, but he kept getting pushed aside by bigger kids. He came back, dejected and told me he'd never get Will's autograph.

I told him to go down past where the kids were, to a spot where he could get right to the field. I then told him to yell at the top of his lungs "Will, if you autograph my bat, my dad will take you duck hunting in the Butte Sink". My son thought I was goofy, but he did it anyway.

As soon as he heard that, Will stopped right in the middle of autographing a kids bat and said "Who said that?". My son held up his hand, and Will came straight to him and took his bat, autographing it. Will asked him which club we had, and told my son that he loves duck hunting in that area when he gets a chance. My son came back, ecstatic at having gotten Will's autograph... on his Barry Bonds bat!

I went to my first Giant game in 1963 at the Stick. I loved watching Willie Mays play and was lucky enough to see him play in person many times.

I went to my first 49er game at the Stick in 1973 and suffered through many bad seasons. I went to 4 games there in 1980, the year they won their first Super Bowl. For the past 27 years I have had season tickets and have been to some great games. I am a little sad that this era is about to end. I was going to the game tonight but a good customer of mine asked for my 4 tickets....so I'm home watching on the big screen.

Go Niners

Every year starting mid-sixty's, we all abandoned the ranch, going down off the hill, over the mountain, and across the Bay to see the Giants play the Dodgers. At the time it was a long trip for us and a big deal. I collected baseball cards at the time, had traded for every Giant several times over, and rooted hard for my favorites.

Those were the good ol days but my love of the Giants that started way back then, still runs strong!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My Dad's boss kept box seats at Kezar Pavillion, or whatever the stadium by Stanford was, in the early 60's.

When they built Candlestick Park, they got box seats in the "ring" between decks, just above 1st base. I never saw a football game there, but went MANY times during baseball seasons.

I was a Freshman or Sophmore in Hi school the first time I went......'62 or '63, I ain't sure.

A foul ball came in the window of the box and knocked my aunt out...... and we all got free hot dogs, soda and beer for the rest of the day.
Orlando Cepeda hit it in there ......he gave her an autograph on it.

Then every time I went I wanted another ball to come in there and bounce around!

In '64, I stood in line for like 4 hours, for a Willie Mays autographed ball. Still have it.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

I've been to Candlestick twice and both were fun games. Both Steelers vs Niners. Here's last years Monday Night Football game when the lights went out at halftime. They must've been practicing for the Superbowl and didn't know it. I'm the Dad on the left and my son, Canyon, has the Polamalu jersey on.

4597steelers_game.jpg

Too many tags= unhappy wife

1978, Fan Appreciation Day, late August/early Sept. We were in the "nose bleeds" above and couldn't see the right field bleacher, foggy. Mike Ivey pinch hit homer against Cards won the game in the 9th. 50,000+ leaving at once. Best game, 9ers or Giants, EVER!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom