CO Unit 22 Info?

redfrog

mz_0303_10025577684.gif

Has anyone out there hunted Co unit 22. If so how was the hunting and what did you see? Were are the better parts of the unit to look?

I drew a smoke pole tag for sept. I figured any place has to be better then hunting for mule deer in Utah.

I had the same tag last year, and it was a tough hunt. The area is awesome, and looks ideal for deer but sightings were few and far between. I see more deer on a general hunt in Utah, but in 22 I saw more 4 points than you could find in Utah, I think I saw more bucks than does in the unit. I think their is potential for the area once you learn it and find the deer. I would hunt it again, now that I know a little I think I could do better. Just get as high as you can and find an area that has deer and learn it, their is alot of private up high where the deer would be that time of year, so you will have to deal with that. I came home with my tag in my pocket. Most people I talked to said that it is 10 times better in the rifle hunts because the deer migrate in from other areas. Good luck.

Unit 22 is a tough deer hunt early in the year, much better later. I drew an archery tag there last year as a second choice, but after spending a couple of weekends in the unit I traded the tag in for a leftover in another unit.

If you have the time and desire to really hunt it's not a terrible tag to have. I found some bucks up high and some really low--email me and I'll tell you what I can.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom