Google earth. Have you ever...

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
...seen deer, elk, antelope, sheep etc in google earth images?

This may have been asked before but some of the images have gotten pretty good recently. I have seen cows in my own fields but I can't recall ever seeing cows or horses out in the back country. But I was looking at some areas where detail on small trees is pretty clear and I think if there were a bunch of white asses on the same hillside you could probably theorize what they were. Of course you're not going to see three dimensional detail but I was wondering what anyone else has seen.

Post up some screen shots if you have anything.

Heres an example of some desert sheep country where a guy MIGHT have a chance on white asses

6047sp.jpg

Neven seen any animals but have seen vehicles on roadways using GoogleEarth.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-13 AT 10:47AM (MST)[p]Kilo, here's a vehicle on a highway and a power pole with its shadow. I've seen airplanes too. Apparently there is a subculture of Google Earthlings that look for airplanes.

1140highway.jpg

I have seen an airplane south of Utah Lake and a shelter belt in Kansas that spells out "WILDLIFE", but I have never found any animals.

Rut

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-13 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]i have found cattle on the free range before in cache county.

4152cattle-ge.jpg

"Shoot Straight"

Here's one I got near Fallon the other day!

2882google.jpg

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

I should not have done it but Lil Red sent me the Coordinates:

Yup!

The ChubHouse!

9338clubhouse1.jpg

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

>Bonepiler,
> Anyone can find
>those elk if you care...
>

The original post asked if anyone had ever seen deer or elk, etc on google earth. If you know where to look, yup, anyone can find these elk. I was making a contribution to the thread showing elk on google earth. If I care? WTH are you talking about? Not sure why you are making an issue???

>Bonepiler,
> Anyone can find
>those elk if you care...
>

Maybe he was saying you were giving away a secret spot. But I must not be able to read the coordinates because I can't find them. ;-)

Ummmm... I hope people are aware that the animals you see in google earth may not be standing in the same spot a year or two later.

You can find some pretty good prarie dog towns on google earth. Take a look at one that you know exists and then start lookinG around for the same type of thing and there they are!

Maybe he was saying you were giving away a secret spot. But I must not be able to read the coordinates because I can't find them.""

The numbers in the center of the bottom look a lot like coordinates........ I'm guessing it's probably not top secret though........ Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom