Goose pastrami

Butts

No grub cooked in this thread, but I was wondering if any of you gents have made pastrami from goose?

Maybe, your favorite preps for goose?

Thanks

Can't stand it cooked, but makes great jerky!! Use the same brine recipe and process for venison.

Goose pastrami is great. I've made it. Smoke it slowly depending on how much smoke you like. Take it off at 145, it's safe, then eat or let cool to room temp before storing. Slice thin like a sandwich meat or reheat with moist heat.

Only goose I ever had was goose pâté (Foie gras?) on a Canadian Airline's flight when they bumped my up to 1st class. Two bites were all I could handle.

I’ve eaten foie gras as well as boudin noir while in France. Neither killed me. Not terrible but also not on my list of things I’m looking forward to eating again. Lol. How about head cheese?

I saw some in the deli at a Harmons. Told my bride that I was going to buy some. When she started to gag I changed my mind
My bride would react the same. There's a lot of foods she doesn't 'like' that she's never even tried. The poppers I made yesterday are an example.

One of the restaurants that we have frequented in Mazatlan for years, gives every diner a free popper with smoked marlin in it. I always wind up eating her's because she doesn't like smoked foods.

So yesterday when I was making the filling for mine, I asked her if she wanted me to use some of it sans the smoked salmon but with all the cheeses & spices just for her.

She declined with, "No, it just doesn't appeal to me."

And I answered with, "Fine. That's more for me." :rolleyes:

Years ago there was a “all you care to eat” prime rib and crab legs buffet, she wouldn’t touch the prime but had several helpings of crab. I ate her prime and a lot of crab also. She still refuses to eat prime rib. Not a good idea to question her taste?

Years ago there was a “all you care to eat” prime rib and crab legs buffet, she wouldn’t touch the prime but had several helpings of crab. I ate her prime and a lot of crab also. She still refuses to eat prime rib. Not a good idea to question her taste?
Hmmm. Well that one would sure be worth a question or two -- from a stranger that is. :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom