How many points for 8 elk?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
how many points did it take for nonresidents to draw unit 8 elk bow. I had 10 points and according to the odds here should have drawn. non residents must have drawn there 20 tags before my name was drawn I had to be very close.

You might call the lady in the draw department and ask at which BP level the NR cap was met for that particular hunt number.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://www.plateaulightphotography.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

Yep, looks like the nonresident cap got met and you are the most unlucky person in the draw. On the bright side 8 was a very tough hunt this year with only a couple days of good bugling activity. Maybe if you decide to get that tag next year it will be a better hunt with less rain and more of a rut.

Something is just not adding up to me on this one. There were 200 tags for unit 8 archery so 40 Bonus tags and a 20 NR tag cap. Here is how many tags drew at various point levels:
13- 1 out of 1 total apps
12- 5 out of 5
11- 3 out of 3
10- 7 out of 8 - The one that did not draw had to be a 2nd choice applicant that drew first choice elsewhere since neither the NR cap or BP cap was hit yet
9- 21 out of 32
8- 5 out 52 (3 of which were bonus pool tags)

Now if my math is correct, the NR cap was hit at the 9 point level since there were only 16 total tags issued at 10-13 points. I do not see how it is possible to have not drawn with 10 points. If that is truly the case I would be on the phone with the F&G and asking what the heck happened.

Pruney

So how many of your normal/typical I have NO Clue threads are you going to start?

For sure after you have bad mouthed Huntin' Fool-Draw Odd's, Eastman's-Draw Odd's and M&M Draw Odd's--you still start these Help Me I have No Clue threads....

Do you Even Know how many Az. Elk points you have?--9/10...flip a coin?

Plus there are ton's of us M&M guys that realize how jealous and disrespectful you screwed your dad on his Utah LE Bow Bull tag he drew this fall....

You really expect us to babysit you for 2012 Az. draw???

Hopefully you will get a Rifle harvest Mule Deer Buck on your Wyo LQ Rifle Buck 105, 106, 109 LQ tag in mid-November.

Robb

PS. I am up in Wyo buck deer on a leftover cheapie fee--no points used--Region F tag thru Nov. 5th in your max points/Pricey Fee LQ hunt area....but I will be using my Bow....You?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom