Hunting Unit 30 2nd rifle, has anybody had any luck???

O

OJ10

Looking foward to my annual hunt in Unit 30. My buddy said he didnt see much on his muzzle loader hunt. Is this area depended on cold weather from higher elevations??

Just came back from my hunt in unit 29, although I was camped in unit 30. There were quite a few bucks being taken in unit 30 during the first rifle hunt considering the hot weather. Every camp sight we talked too in 30 had atleast one buck at camp quite a few had more than one. Hunting the canyons and flushing them out is key.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I am leaving Friday hopefully this cold snap make the deer move.

we only saw 21 deer on our muzzy hunt,only 2 were bucks, and little forkers at that. everyone we talked to had the same luck. the warden said the little buck we got was only the 2nd he had checked. it was a tough year for sure, but some cold weather will probally help out

Hopefully the cold snap brings some movement!!

Just talked to a friend who hunted the 1st rifle hunt and he said that they saw a forky and group of does but nothing special!!
Got a new pair of Swaro 10x50s this year so hopefully they bring me good luck!!

I was hunting the first rifle and was fortunate to get a little 7 point. It was the only buck I saw in 3 days besides one other in the bed of a truck. Quite a few hunters out there and drought seems to have changed things. The couple pics i snapped with my phone didnt come out good so im just tagging onto this post. I am interested in hearing if the 2nd rifle guys saw anything.

Well I am back from Unit 30!!!

I was on the rim area and the wind did not let up for 4 days of 40 to 50 mph gusts. Only saw one small buck and a guy from our camp shot a small young forky (good eating though)! The area was exremely dry and water was scarce! This was not a good year for that part of Unit 30!!
I hope everyone else had better luck !!!

I also hunted the rim on Saturday, lots of hunters so i took off the west of it but no luck, missed on a big body 6/8 pointer on monday but missed i guess the buck was being spooked from the other side of the canyon...winds were really bad over the weeknd and no deer comparing to other years.

cant get luck every year

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom