Late archery hunt?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
I'm new to AZ. I live in Tempe. I wanted to get out and give the late archery hunt a go.
Is there an area that's better than others? I don't really care to kill a deer, I just wanted to get out with my 6 year old son after school and on weekends.
Thanks

Traditional >>>------->

Most of the deser areas around Phoenix do hold deer. The closer you get to Tucson the more Coues deer you will see. Mule deer here in the central areas. From Tempe I would head East out to the 4 Peaks area. Sauguaro, Apache, and Canyon Lake all hold deer. The rut is usually later in Jan so that will increase your odds of seeing them during the day.

Good Luck.

John

>Most of the deser areas around
>Phoenix do hold deer.
>The closer you get to
>Tucson the more Coues deer
>you will see. Mule
>deer here in the central
>areas. From Tempe I
>would head East out to
>the 4 Peaks area. Sauguaro,
>Apache, and Canyon Lake all
>hold deer. The rut
>is usually later in Jan
>so that will increase your
>odds of seeing them during
>the day.
>
>Good Luck.
>

Thanks! Do you know if I can still buy a tag after the season has started?
>John

Traditional >>>------->

Just to make sure you know, if you want to go hunt in 2013, and don't already have a license, the one you buy now with expire Dec 31 2013. Starting Jan 1, 2014 the rules have changed and they will then be 365 day licenses instead of strictly calendar year. So you might want to wait until Jan 1 to buy since the hunts are still open on in Jan and you are local, and then you can use that tag for multiple 2014 hunts as well.

I have a license that's good til the 31st from last year...Gotta have one to hunt yotes here in AZ.
Thanks

Traditional >>>------->

>Just to make sure you know,
>if you want to go
>hunt in 2013, and don't
>already have a license, the
>one you buy now with
>expire Dec 31 2013. Starting
>Jan 1, 2014 the rules
>have changed and they will
>then be 365 day licenses
>instead of strictly calendar year.
>So you might want to
>wait until Jan 1 to
>buy since the hunts are
>still open on in Jan
>and you are local, and
>then you can use that
>tag for multiple 2014 hunts
>as well.

Actually if you purchase online at AZGFD you can enter the start/effective date of your choice and the license is good for 1 year from that date. You also print the license during the same transaction so be sure to have your printer handy.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom