Nevada bucks

HUNTNNW

Wife and I applied for our second year and drew our 3rd choice. We were applying in 3-1 to 4-1 odd units nothing really tough to draw. We drew a 4-1 unit with quite a few tags. Never been there and started with google and searching forums and figured what I could before setting the boots on the ground. We arrived 4 days before it opened to scout and figure things out. 3 days before it opened my wife spotted the buck she wanted to take if we could turn him up on the opener. Opening day had us hiking up to the ridgeline 2 hours before light to watch the basin the buck was in. An hour into it we found him in the same spot feeding. We made the 1 1/2 mi stalk into 254 yards. As we got set up he bedded and the wait began as we were tucked in behind a sage bush in the sun for 3 hours waiting for him to stand. Finally he stood and she made a perfect shot and down he went.

Slept in the next morning or atleast till light and we drove over to the same basin my wife took her buck and got the spotter out and began glassing a couple miles into it and at the very top I found 2 bucks that needed closer look. That evening we got closer and I decided that in the am we would hike in there and try and take him. The hike into him was long! started 3 hours before light to get to where we could see him then another hour stalking into range. Got to 185 and made 1 shot and down he went. We saw 40 different bucks on our hunt and had a blast! Never saw 1 person out of their rig hunting.

they were shot with a 300WSM 180gr Accubonds.. my wifes buck the bullet hit dead center on shoulder low going thru hiting heart and deflecting downward out of brisket. my buck I was shooting downward as he walked straight away up a very steep hill almost shooting straight down on his back..hit him dead center in the spine..second shot was in the armpit and exiting the spine shot hole

Congrats can't beat that drawing a third choice tag and killing bucks like that! That's awesome ! How wide were your bucks ?

Pretty Bucks! I hope she gives you crap and says mine has eye guards. ;) Both those bucks are ones to be proud of!

Congratulations!

Damn nice bucks my grandpa herded sheep up it that country for years thought it wasn't very good any more obviously I am very wrong.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom