Nine Mile/Range Creek Questions

Have any of you hunted Big Horn Sheep on this unit? My father in law drew a tag and we have been out spotting a few times. We have also talked to the Fish & Game officer over that area and picked his brain quite a bit. Were is the best place to camp? We were thinking Turtle Canyon and hunting down south from there? Also we were thinking 129 that follows the Price River up those canyons would be a great spot? If you have any info from past hunts to give us some options that would be awesome.

I have chased sheep off of the road that follows the price river. 7 or 8 ewes, no rams...but I am sure they are aound if the ewes are.

I also know a guy that killed a pretty nice sheep by floating Desolation Canyon. It would take quite a while to float that...flows are pretty low through the fall.

Good luck.

Thanks for your input. We pretty much have an idea where we are gonna hunt, but aren't quite sure where the best place would be to camp. Hope all goes well and we bring home a respectable ram.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom