question I'm sure it's been asked before....

NVMULEDEER1

Has anyone had luck with calling in lions on a regular basis? If so what type calls are used? I have an electronic preditor call.
Thanks

I wanted to try it here in Colorado, But it's not legal to use a electronic call for big game in Colorado.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 01:36?PM (MST)

NVMULEDEER1....My good friend and hunting buddy called in this 160 pound Tom in the mountains near Cuba N.M. using an old Johnny Stewart cassette tape type caller and the Jack rabbit Distress tape.

He simply drove the forest roads after a light snow and found fresh tracks where the lion had crossed the road.
He parked his truck and followed the tracks for quite a ways in until the tracks went down into a large canyon.

He set up near the edge of the canyon and started calling, he said that cat came bolting up out of the canyon straight for the sound and stopped just in front of the 25 foot corded speaker.

He blasted him with one shot with his 300mag. He is currently have the cat mounted lifesize. My friend had been trying exclusively for a lion by calling for many years.

It wll take 2 things to call in a lion in my opinion..# 1 he has to be within earshot and #2 he has to be hungry and not fed for several days..the distress sound (rabbit,fawn,bird etc.) does not matter, and he might still respond simply out of curiosity even if he has eaten recently.

1119gilberts_lion.jpg

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 01:48PM (MST)[p]Good luck!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom