Ride Home Pics

4orMore

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-11 AT 09:20PM (MST)[p]I always laugh a little when we tie a buck up on the wheel well or prop it up so it can be seen for the drive home but I know you all do it too! We count how many people flip us off or give us thumbs up.

Let's see some pictures of antlers sticking up out of some truck beds!!!

7826hpim3090.jpg

just out of curiosity- what are you blacking out?

i want to think v.i.n numbers , but how would anyone read it anyway? also, isnt the upper one just a bed light?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-11 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]Not fresh dead but picked up my elk from the taxi in Beaver and drove all the way home to Cali with him. Couple thumbs up and a few WTFs from the Prius crowd.

3870img00090-20111025-1600.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-11 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]It's usually hands down that thumbs up wins. We still get a couple middle fingers now and then. One year driving down Parley's Canyon was hilarious. You should have seen the car full of Park City snobby women letting us have it. We couldn't stop laughing!!

Awesome photos btw, keep 'em coming!

I hate to be the party pooper, but isn't flagrant display of wild game against the law? Not to mention, another blackeye for hunters. pc

as far as i know its not against the law. just most people dont want it shown and complain. i wanna show off my animals that i worked hard for if you dont like it look the other way.
its kinda hard to hide animals in a jeep wrangler or a ford ranger anyways unless there spikes

>just out of curiosity- what are
>you blacking out?
>
>i want to think v.i.n numbers
>, but how would anyone
>read it anyway? also,
>isnt the upper one just
>a bed light?

An offensive word that's on my window sticker. Don't want any trouble over it on this site, so I blacked it out.

Paul Crawford, never ever heard of a law against antlers sticking up out of the bed of a truck, can't find it either. I just want to see some trucks and antlers people are proud of in this post.

I absolutely hate seeing legs sticking out like in the first response. Just not my thing to show them off. We put them in the truck or trailer and cover them all up. I don't want anything exposed. One of the worst things I ever saw to give us a bad name is over at a Cokeville convenience store there were three bucks heads tied to the back rack of the ATV so everyone would see as they drove down the road. I thought that was very distasteful and sad actually. Just not my thing I guess. I don't mind the horns but the legs and carcass are definitely not good to see I think.

Some of you Nancy boy's should take up knitting...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Look at the picture again before you call me distasteful. Where in the hell wpuld you like me to put 2 cow elk in the back of a 6 ft short walled truck bed. We had hung the quarters and they were frozen solid. Get over yourself.

Nice picture Stanley. One of my sons who's is now 20 can't keep his eyes open for 10 minutes to and from a hunt. Been like that sincere he was 2 when he first began tagging along with me. Doesn't matter how rough the road is either.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I personally try to cover them up, and it isnt to protect the anti's from a horror show..I could give a chit less about them..Its that I dont like the 20 questions from other hunters as gas stations.

Grandpa didnt seem to care much about either tho..

IMG_0007.jpg

I use to always game bag my deer wih just antlers sticking out. Now we always bone out our deer and put them on ice for the long ride home. I love seeing antlers in the back of trucks...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Dreamin, I just stated my opinion that it is not my thing. In your case I would have arranged the animals and covered them but that is just me. This is just an opinion question and this mine. I don't like pictures with the tongue hanging out and blood everywhere but that is just not my thing.

Well, since were on opinions, I don't care what other people think about how I carry my animals in my trucks. I like to keep air circulating under the meat to help keep it cool. Its got nothing to do with showing them off. That's my opinion and that's how I will continue to do it.

This is how my buck had to ride home. I drive a suburban, and I had a lot of gear, so this is what I rigged up. Like stated before, I figured that would sure cool the meat fast.

953img_0672.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-11 AT 03:39PM (MST)[p]This happeneded to us this past week coming home from Wyoming to Washington. Yea I know. We weren't blatantly displaying them, we just had quite a bit of bone sticking up. We had three bucks and two big elk sheds. We got thumbs up and waves all the way through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and even eastern Washington. We get to Snoqualmie pass just before dropping down into western WA and we hit some const. traffic. Two lanes merging to one, and we get this white prius with a bike license plate, with Obama stickers and the works. Just think of a community college math professor. White hair all wigged out, beaddy little eyes behind dorky round glasses. I know you know him. He pulls up beside us and his eyes about pop out of his head. He slows way down and starts mouthing several choice words(we cant hear him), he almost runs into the truck in front of us, then whips out and drives on the shoulder up quite a ways, then darts into the lane. Well, we get through the slowdown, and on the otherside, when traffic is going the limit, we come up on him again. I pull out and pass him and get in front of him again. He is going ballistic. I don't know how he kept from wrecking. So, he pulls over one more lane to the right, and so do I, I was exiting anyway and I wanted to make sure he got a good look, he was already wound up so I figured a little more wouldn't do any harm. I would have sure hated to have been his wife when he got home.

We always fly the blue tarp when it comes to the ride home. As long as there is no eye contact with our kill we are ok with letting the antlers stick out of the tarp. Sometimes though it is still easier to wrap the whole thing.

One word of advice is always carry a gallon of water in the car to rinse the blood, and throw in a change of clothes so you dont scare any gas station tellers or restaraunt workers with blood soaked jeans.

s4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-11 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]I have shot a lot of stuff and most of the time you would never know I had it. I am not looking for a thumbs up.

Geez, didn't know I'd stir the hornet's nest like this. However, I ain't no "Nancy". Just be tactful with showing game. We don't need more enemies!!! PC

Paul_C, I agree with you. We don't need more enemies than we already have and we need to show respect in my opinion to the animal and other hunters but respect means different things to different people.

Tongue hanging out, blood everywhere, sitting on the animal, blood all over the tailgate don't show that in my book but different strokes for different folks.

Get over it. My good hell. I don't give a rats ass if you like it or not. I don't need a thumbs up from you or anyone else. I didn't go kill 2 COW elk to drive around with meat sticking out of my truck. I can't belive you even hunt. Its like your ashamed of feeding your family. Piss your im holier than thou attitude.
Like was stated by another poster, perhaps knitting is more up your alley.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-11 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p] I am totally in favor of seeing antlers in trucks or on trailers, but I have to agree that raw sculls, blood and tongues hanging out, is not cool.

Why invite more trouble?

Game bags are cheap and protect your meat from insects, dirt and rain or snow.

I worked with some guys, way back when, who kept their elk heads in the back of the truck for a couple of weeks....I didn't get it.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

6652057.jpg

....If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.....

"Nancy Crawford". Kinda has a nice ring to it. I'm just sayin...

I don't have a problem with animal parts showing myself, but I'm sure I'm in a very small minority when you consider the total population. No need to motivate the Prius owning eco-wackjobs into action. That's why I keep mine covered as much as possible. Unfortunately with my set up, elk antlers are going to have to show some.

I guess I'm just another Nancy too, huh?

To each his own. I dont think it's a big deal to have antlers sticking out. It can be tough to hide the whole thing. But folks that flagrantly display the animal with the intention of either showing it off, or pissing people off is kind of lame.

The Hunter's Ed courses here in Texas teach that you shouldn't display your kill so overtly and to be respectful of those who don't follow our same traditions. Had brochures about it and everything - it may be against the law in some places too, who knows. All I know is it pretty much pisses me off that they would even suggest it.

When I got the buck that is on my wall back in 1997 I made sure I propped that sucker up ALL THE WAY DOWN THE MOUNTAIN AND THROUGH TOWN!

Even rubbed the paint off my truck with the antlers and was pretty proud of it too - every time I saw that marred paint, I was able to crack a sly smile!

Drove right to the Barber Shop in Cedar City (and my father-in-law's Cobbler Shop that was next door) and showed it off. Then drove to Parkway Motors where my wife worked at the time and showed it off to the salesman. Then I drove past the University and showed it off to my buddies who were just getting out of class! That is half the fun of hunting.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>The Hunter's Ed courses here in
>Texas teach that you shouldn't
>display your kill so overtly
>and to be respectful of
>those who don't follow our
>same traditions. Had brochures about
>it and everything - it
>may be against the law
>in some places too, who
>knows. All I know is
>it pretty much pisses me
>off that they would even
>suggest it.
>
>When I got the buck that
>is on my wall back
>in 1997 I made sure
>I propped that sucker up
>ALL THE WAY DOWN THE
>MOUNTAIN AND THROUGH TOWN!
>
>Even rubbed the paint off my
>truck with the antlers and
>was pretty proud of it
>too - every time I
>saw that marred paint, I
>was able to crack a
>sly smile!
>
>Drove right to the Barber Shop
>in Cedar City (and my
>father-in-law's Cobbler Shop that was
>next door) and showed it
>off. Then drove to Parkway
>Motors where my wife worked
>at the time and showed
>it off to the salesman.
>Then I drove past the
>University and showed it off
>to my buddies who were
>just getting out of class!
>That is half the fun
>of hunting.
>
>
>
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

In Utah, it is perfectly OK top do that.....it is the UTARD equivilent of High School graduation in the rest of the civilized world!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

>"Nancy Crawford". Kinda has a nice
>ring to it. I'm just
>sayin...
>
>I don't have a problem with
>animal parts showing myself, but
>I'm sure I'm in a
>very small minority when you
>consider the total population. No
>need to motivate the Prius
>owning eco-wackjobs into action. That's
>why I keep mine covered
>as much as possible. Unfortunately
>with my set up, elk
>antlers are going to have
>to show some.
>
>I guess I'm just another Nancy
>too, huh?

Enjoy.. http://www.vogueknitting.com/ :)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Hey Roy

I would like to see your buck posted again, I never saw your original post, I am assuming that you posted a picture when you shot it. I am always interested in seeing nice bucks hunters have taken. As far as displaying a kill on the ride home, I don't have a comment, guess what ever floats your boat.

Wildsage

Since when did people care about anything in this country ? No one cares about anyone or anything anymore. I don't think a critter in a pickup is is a big deal nowdays. Just like the guy on tv the other night that got hit by a car and about 50 cars just drove on by ???????????

6192pict0151.jpg

there not in the truck for the ride home yet,but one can only amangine roll'n thru "the hole" sport'n these on the flatbed.

"if you want some get some...if your bad enough come take some"

Neat photo Dawg! My grandpa had a big old cottonwood tree in his front yard. My mom said he'd hang the biggest buck in the tree for everyone to admire. There was always a couple of meat bucks in the shed behind the house. The F&G knew they was there but realized the venison was about all they had to eat in those days so they looked the other way.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>
6024image001.jpg

>
>Holy Hell??

That is the freakin' winner. Awesome!! LMAO. When your passing the Prius on the pass, you can drag the hooves right down the side of it.

smiley-violent064.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom