scotch

feddoc

Long Time Member
in a friends will, I've been left $1000 to spend only on single malt scotch.

I'm pretty fond of Glenmorangie Signet, but I don't wanna get three bottles.

For those of you who drink, what would be your preference in a single malt?

thanks

thanks
Belvinnie 25 year old with a Port wine finish it's about 350-450 so maybe two bottles one for now one for later

Glenlivet 21 or Balvenie 21 Port Wood finish, depending on your tastes. A bottle of JW Blue would be a blend of single malts (I think you'd be forgiven).

Looking for top shelf!! Never drank scotch but someday will. Hell, that money would buy me 25 bottles of the whiskey I drink.
D116A1CF-2027-4E46-89DB-ACBA0C580746.png
12987F78-1FFF-4961-88BB-B1002C826471.png

You post got me looking. Boy you can spend a lot for quality.

Doc, I’d get the best 3 bottles or a case or more. You can use the surplus to barter for fuel if you don’t drink it.

Im a big scotch fan myself, that being said sounds like you’ve had a loss of a good friend. Sorry for your loss doc

Alcohol prices are very interesting...wine or spirits...

I was at a very wealthy friend's house a few months ago for a dinner party and when it wound down there were 5 of us left to have a scotch tasting......

7 bottles from $500 to $8000 each....blind test.....to a person we picked them is reverse order from best to worst.....best being the $500...we weren't all the same on the middle but best and worst were the same.....

So You Sayin CHEAPER is Better?

Alcohol prices are very interesting...wine or spirits...

I was at a very wealthy friend's house a few months ago for a dinner party and when it wound down there were 5 of us left to have a scotch tasting......

7 bottles from $500 to $8000 each....blind test.....to a person we picked them is reverse order from best to worst.....best being the $500...we weren't all the same on the middle but best and worst were the same.....

I am no expert.... but considering the circumstances it may be more important who you share it with than the brand.... I never was good at dissecting all the little nuances that scotch and wine drinkers rave about...might be money wasted if you aren't either but only you knew your friend and what they might have wanted? I'm more of a 7&7 guy lol.

I am no expert.... but considering the circumstances it may be more important who you share it with than the brand.... I never was good at dissecting all the little nuances that scotch and wine drinkers rave about...might be money wasted if you aren't either but only you knew your friend and what they might have wanted? I'm more of a 7&7 guy lol.
She was a 7&7 girl. But, she knew I liked scotch.

than

Don't forget about Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban! ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom