whos heard them screeming in Co.

ELKMASTER101

Very Active Member
Good day you die hard elk hunters,
the question is, are they talking yet?
Is there any cold weather forcasted for sept opening season?
How many of you are heading out there are from out of state?
Hows the steamboat area look is there any locals out there?
I'm hunting the flat tops &
heading out there the 6th.
Park my butt on top and hope the muzzy hunters push something to me.
good luck,
be safe.

I was scouting for deer in NV this weekend and hear a bugle last night from a small 6x6. He was keeping all of the cows rounded up too. Maybe he's just a little over anxious.

They are definately Bugleing!! Not real aggressive yet, but are being more vocal than ussual!! I think they are just excericising their vocal cords???

Work to hunt!! Live to hunt!! And the rest spent keeping the wife happy!!

I will be leaving southern Illinois on September 5 for unit 61 in Colorado. Will have a cow elk permit in my pocket and my Remington 700 in .54 caliber as my number one rifle with an almost new .50 TC Encore as my spare. Four in our camp and we are counting down the days to departure time. I would dearly love to shoot a big ole bull elk's favorite sweety right out from underneath his nose on opening morning about eight oclock a.m. That is my WISH and I am sticking to it. Good luck to each you hunters on your quest for big game this autumn.

Just got back from Utah last week, they were very vocal - more-so than in other years

Hey, leet. Are the elk concentrated in large groups because of this summer's fires? Will get out and do some scouting after my sheep hunt next week.

Just got back from Utah, And didn't hear much at all. Still pretty hot up in the mountains and not a lot of movement going on yet. Talked with a few other bow hunters and they have only heard a bugle right before first light, Didn't hear anything after dark on the walk out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom