youth basketball

nuts4bucks

i coach a rec. league 3/4 grade basketball team we have eight kids on our team. we live in a small town of about 300 people and we only got 12 kids in the school that are in those two grades so we take what we can get.we play against our neighboring towns who have alot more kids to choose from. we just finished our season and we went 15-2 and won the championship. the championship is a double elimination tournament. we won one then lost one so we had to play three games today to win it all. well these kids played thier hearts out and got it done im very proud of them as they gave all they had and left it all on the court especially since we had to beat the team that beat us yesterday twice today in back to back games to get it done. one of my daughters got all tourney and my nephew got all tourney also.

MANY MANY years ago (true, 'cause I was in HS), there was a HS team in Idaho that had 7 boys in school One of them on crutches. The other 6 won three consecutive state championships. One of the 5 played in the NBA and one in the ABA....it is more about quality than numbers. I love that story.

BUT.......congrats to you and your team. Coaching kids is fun and rewarding....good for all you guys!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

thanks guys they were all stoked to say the least especially the four that played last year and finished second.even though they are young they showed alot of heart and got the job done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom