032 Antelope

JB48

A friend drew a 032 antelope tag.I have hunted 033 antelope. Any suggestions on areas to concentrate on in 032. Any help would be appreciated. JB

I hunted that area years ago but we used to see a lot of nice bucks on the east side of the pine forest range. Most of them we saw in between Leonard creek rd and denio summit. We did see a few nice bucks on the west side as well but most of them are on the east side.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. (The friend JB48 referred to would be me).

I'll be flinging sticks at them. While drought is always a bad thing; I think it's probably good for antelope archery hunters with ground blinds and access to water holes.

Any one else have any input on this one?

Thanks

Is this unit in Nevada or Wyoming? I drew a Wyoming unit 32 tag and would appreciate any info anyone can provide. I can pass some info on east NV if anyone would like some.

Thanks, Dave Bergman

Dave,
We are talking Nevada 32, where I didn't draw, Im helping someone out. I did see your Wyoming post, and I draw Wyoming 32, on a second choisce. Good luck. JB

Haha..... I also drew 32 Wyoming on a second choice. I have not been up there to scout yet means how I am currently deployed. My father was up there on Sat and was able to do some scouting and said the area had a lot of antelopes. Just like the other post stated lots of animals, not really sure of the size. He was able to take some shots and said there was alot of BLM land. I am not sure of the size but really that does not matter to me I am out there for the hunt. Small bucks still make for a dandy hunt although one to put on the wall is good too. Do you just have a buck tag or some doe tags as well? Have you hunted that unit before? Good luck to you as well.

Dave Bergman

Dave,
I think just buck tags, I really didn't look that closely yet. It sounds as though it should be a fun hunt, with plenty of antelope. Good luck, where are you deployed?

JB, got your PM. A friend hunted it in 91 while I tagged along and I hunted it in 92. His was 16" and mine 16 3/8". Mine scored a lil over 80". Saw one around 86" and another pushing 90". Lots of 15" bucks. Not sure this area is condusive for archery though. Old info but I'll share with you. Your e-mail didn't come up for me. Call me anytime after Mon, 7/16. Best time is after 5:00Pm PST. 530-260-1229. Hunter

I am currently in Key West Fl. I wish I was on the west coast! Don't get me wrong Key West is fun and I have caught so many snook and tarpon I am sick of them however it is getting close to hunting season and I would rather be in the field with binos.
My pops did some scouting 2 weeks ago and said there was a ton of antelope all over the place. I got my first antelope last year and am hooked. I have a great elk and deer tag this year so I am itching for some season to start.

Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom