10 Early Rifle Deer

NEVADAGUY

Who already has their buck picked out? My brother and I are heading for the top of the Rubies for five days the day before the season opens.

the rubys got some snow on them yesterday and last night its a bit chilly but suppose to warm up this week.

oh yea im down with getting more snow and staying cold but the weekly outlooks says its suppose to get back up to 78 by friday. Then hopefully it snows over the weekend again :D. I live in elko so if any of you who dont i could keep you updated.

No, we don't have any tied up yet,but we will tie up the third smallest one when we leave the mountain.j/k.

mickeyelk- we don't have any tied up yet. We are going in from the east side. Which side are you going in from?
Bryan21- we both live in spring creek. looking at the Rubies right now. Thinking about heading out to look in a spot close to home.

mickeyelk,we got a snow storm that hit the top of the rubies last sunday.There is still a sciff left up at the top.The 10 day forecast shows showers the first weekend with alot cooler temps,but you know how those extended forecasts can change.I predict cold temps at the top.Good luck to you on your hunt.Maybe we will see you at the top.

where all you guys from im just wondering? maybe i know some of you or you know my dad or something my family has lived around here for years.

my last name is Franco my dads from the wells area and my mom is from here her maiden name is morfin. my dad has worked at newmont for 30 years. So if you mine at newmont you might know him

My last name is Elegante. I have lived in spring creek for 20 years and I have worked at newmont for 11 years. I went to school with Jeremy Franco and I am going to shoot a smoker buck in a week:) ha ha Good luck to all of you

yea jeremy is my cousin my dad is a shift foreman up at NAL my parent have lived in elko for 50 years now and i dont know why hahaha. no i love elko the outdoors are awesome here.

I had an archery hunt which has been over for a month but I've been helping my friend hunt muzzy off and on through the month of September. Gotta love the fall when those leaves are changing color! Gonna be helping other friends in area 10 rifle and a brother-in-law in area 14. Also another friend has an area 10 late archery tag. It used to be that I only hunted in the month of October during rifle season but now I get to help my friends throughout all seasons. Life is great!!!!! fatrooster.

I will be in Birmingham for the first week but will be up there from the 10th to the 21st, and I hope I don't see any of you, and if I do it will be on top.

NVMDF

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-07 AT 10:02PM (MST)[p]Hey Shon, if I see you it will be on top, but hopefully I will be done by then. Good luck and if you need any help packing one out give me a call. My cell # is 934-1178.
Later, Brandon

Goodluck Brandon and Shon. Wish I was going up high like you guys but I'm hunting with lowlanders. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-07 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]Well this is it. Tonight is my last night shift:) I'll get home in the morning, go pick up my brother, throw the packs on and head for the top. Good luck to all.....

Brandon,
Thanks for the offer, but i'll be fine, just wishing for a little more snow when I get back. I also will be spending a couple days with my wife, she's the hard one to make happy, but I've found a couple good ones down low in a little pocket that only I hunt. If you don't have one down by next week give me a call. 777-6943. BTW what happened on the elk hunt???

Drew, Thanks for the well wishes. I need to get out to the watering hole in the morn and sign up for a pay-day.

Shon

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-07 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]Shon,
Good luck with the wife, hope she shoots a pig. It sounds like we're going to see some snow on Friday. The elk hunt was fun. I'm sure the soup didn't taste that good. It's too bad he could't have done more scouting and had more than 4 days to hunt, but we saw some good bulls and got some good video of some in pretty close. I'll be heading back on the 20th for my brothers muzzy bull hunt. I'll give you a call next week. Good luck on the hunts.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom